Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jakes DTM cooling system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
I didn't want to hijack Jakes thread, so I decided to start another.
I think that this is a product that we NEED, and we should all be falling over ourselves to make it a viable option for Jake to develop it. Jake's DTM cooling thread
All he needs are 15 FIRM commitments, and I know that I am #1. if 14 more guys will send him $100 down, he will make it for us!
Come on, PONY up! boldblue.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif
Jake Raby
Mark,
Thank you for staring another thread. Lat night at about 0330 when I finally decided to lay down I was so flustered that I could not see straight... It really pisses me off to have a good idea(a few slight changes to the system for physical reasons in the 914), and an already proven product but lack of support.

If those 15 people get together I will talk with each one of them and then if I feel that the system would be appreciated I'll take the $100 from each person and go forward..
eeyore
Being a left coaster, I just got onto these threads.

The topic started at 10pm last night and was given up by 7 am while many people were asleep? Well, me at least. I'd say give it at least 24 hours or more and see what comes up. I decided to put my name in anyway.
Jake Raby
In less than 3 hours I got emails from 5 different people bashing me for even displaying this type of content on the boards... Then I got the cold shoulder because it didn't look good enough and that it used VW parts to do its job instead of Porsche parts.

Thats why I deleted my post. when I came in this morning it was back up again mysteriously..

I want to develop the system, and if I had more time and less to do doing so would be alot of fun. I have to really concentrate on one project at a time with this degree of development and if its not profitable and won't sell do to its looks its not gonna happen.

In the words of Edison "Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility and utility is success".........
mike_the_man
I think it's a great idea. If Jake is building it, I'm sure it'll be a quality product, and if he says it'll work, then I know it'll work great. I don't understand why anyone would bash him for it, the more people we have building quality products for our 30 year old cars, the better! If ya don't like the idea, don't buy it! No need to insult someone.

Unfortunately, $700 is more than I can afford right now. There are many other more critical areas on my car right now that need attention. This is something that I would like to see developed, and something I would like to be able to buy someday. So, everybody that is interested should get behind Jake on this! Let's get 'er done!
Jake Raby
Thanks Mike..

The system has been used since 1988 for Type IV conversion applications. The original developer of the system worked for 12 years trying to perfect it..This is not "New"...... Butn it is a new development for a 914 because the standard version won't physically fit in a stock bodied 914..
spunone
Jake does this mean I don't need an external oil cooler for my motor? and what cooler choice if any.Thanks
Jake Raby
Every engine is different with regards to an external cooler. Gearing and engine RPM greatly impact oil temps..

HEAD AND OIL TEMPS ARE NOT RELATED! The DTM keeps all cylinders running evenly, and at a lower temp, the result of that is normally cooler oil as well, but not always.
Mueller
jake, just say the word and a $100 deposit is on it's way to you.....

even with my vr6 motor going in sometime in the future, I'm designing the conversion so that I can swap out motors so that I can compete in PCA events.

I already have a bug fan and alternator, I'll grab the part numbers or snap a picture to make sure it's the correct style or year.
spunone
Ok one more thing do you have any pics of one .And is there a time frame since you'll be building my motor and this looks like the time
Jake Raby
I would say that we could have a system tested and ready for sale in Spring of 2005. I have a serious expansion going on here (you guys will really love it) and all my time is spoken for righht up till January just on that..

My new 914 version of the 2316 will be the test engine for it and my 73 will be the test car for it.. A couple weeks on the dyno and a few weeks in the car will prove it.

I don't want money from people as much as I want a good ole commitment. The money means nothing, I want desire and those people to folow through when I'm done.
spunone
Ok put me down for one Thanks again for all your work.Sounds like I need to sell all my fresh powder coated tin.I just keep savin my beer cans for my motor. By the way what finish do you want on your oil filler neck?
gopack
I don't want money from people as much as I want a good ole commitment. The money means nothing, I want desire and those people to folow through when I'm done.

Yeah BUT we all know and understand that as a buisness man, the $$$$$ is the only form of commitment you can realisticaly count on! That is why I will send the down payment as soon as you say the word!
Jake Raby
Actually I have guys back out and forfeit their deposits all the time....

Last year I had so many of these that I got sick of excuses and stopped listening to them..
bernbomb914
BS Any one who complains about this product as being VW and are to proud to improve their car because its too VW should just keep their thoughts to themselfs. This is not their forum to judge and they should not!!! I think that this product will help my car and I have been on Jakes ASS for 6 months to build it. I want the first one and need Jake to give us a Paypal address so we can send him a non-refundable deposit.

Bernie alfred.gif
Korijo
I can be "commited" to this DTM buy.
Just dont 'keep us in the dark', like the "Elusive Billit ..." ohmy.gif
wink.gif
gopack
Actually I have guys back out and forfeit their deposits all the time....

I know that. But if the deposit is larger, it will help to defray the development costs (time is money for a buisnessman), AND I can get one for my teener!
Last year I had so many of these that I got sick of excuses and stopped listening to them..

And i hope you told them (politely) to stfu.gif:dhead:.

(been wanting to use those smileys for a while, but didn't want to be a newbie telling another board member that)
JmuRiz
Add me to the list.
I'll want one with the intergrated oil-cooler also.
Let us know when you need the deposits.
gopack
That is 3 firm commitments! just 12 more!
bob91403
I've seen the pictures of your other DTMs on your site. I don't know why anyone cares about VW parts or looks, that's silly. I think you have a winner. Right now my 130K mile engine doesn't even reach the "T" on my temp gauge, compression is like new. PO well maintained. When I have to get a rebuild, I'm sending it to you Jake, for a 2056. At that time, I'd definitely want a DTM. If I raced, I'd order one today. There's got to be enough AXers out there to fill your minimum. Come on guys, the rest of us are counting on you so we can get one down the road. pray.gif Jake
gopack
BUMP icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.