Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 28,000 original miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
smile.gif Yep for real. This guy stopped by last week. He just had the car shipped in from Ca. One repaint, other then that and the aftermarket Fuchs it seems to be extremely original. We had a storm moving in so I didn't get many pics, but he'll be coming back in a few weeks so I'll get some more smile.gif

Note the DEFINITELY different shades on the gas tank and vapor tank

Anybody know what's up with the GREY headlight motor covers ? I don't think I've ever seen anything other than black confused24.gif
markb
pray.gif wub.gif

Love the 8 track player. Looks to be a Muntz like I used to have. laugh.gif
Kirmizi
biggrin.gif Holy Crap! Did it still have "New car pew" too?
poorsche914
The grey headlight motor covers were used for a short time - just so happens all the LE cars were built during that period.

driving.gif
Als914
I have a '74 that the original color was Marathon Blue as this car seems to be and has the light grey head light motor covers also. I have many more miles on mine though.
wingnut86
Wow.

I LIKE It!

None of my tanks look that original, more solid and less prone to rust sure, but that's a sweet one.
benalishhero
Nice car. Why was it painted?
Elliot Cannon
28,000 original miles? So what? Big deal! Mine has at least 4 times that much. happy11.gif av-943.gif
shuie
Pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(shuie @ Jun 26 2012, 08:03 PM) *

Pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. Oh! You mean the other guy. laugh.gif
speed metal army
I just foun one of those grey covers in my stash. I kinda thought it was weird.
Nice car!
pete000
My 74 has the gray head light covers.
EdwardBlume
What's he going to do with the ca blue plate?
SUNAB914
Was he selling it?
Eric_Shea
Mine are grey...

IPB Image

74 thing?
championgt1
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 28 2012, 08:02 AM) *

Mine are grey...

IPB Image

74 thing?

confused24.gif On my 74 they are black.
OU8AVW
Nice photos Scotty.....
TargaToy

Look at the condition of that steering wheel. Nice!
poorsche914
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 28 2012, 11:26 AM) *
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 28 2012, 08:02 AM) *
Mine are grey...
74 thing?
confused24.gif On my 74 they are black.

From Jeff Bowlsby's site concerning the LE cars:

Grey Headlight relay covers Coincidentally overlapping with the 914 Porsche Limited Edition production timeframe, during Spring of 1974, Porsche 914 cars were delivered with light grey headlight relay covers in the front trunk. A survey of Spring 1974 Porsche 914 cars, indicates that from March through at least part of May, all 914 Porsche cars were manufactured with the light grey covers. While not an exclusive feature to just the 914 LE cars, if the covers are original, it is another indication of the authenticity of a 914 LE car, and period-correct covers!

driving.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(benalishhero @ Jun 26 2012, 07:48 PM) *

Nice car. Why was it painted?

That's what I'm wondering. Why would a car that looks like it's been garaged its whole life (based on the condition of the interior) and less than 30,000 miles on it need a repaint?
scotty b
The p.o. told him it sat so long the paint was dull so they had it reshot. Apparently no-one in their area knows the wonders of a buffer on single stage paint. wacko.gif In the short time I had to look at it I saw nothing to indicated any deception, but I'll be giving it a better look at some point in the next couple months
wingnut86
Powder coat the whole damn car in blue crinkle with pearlish highlites...

Go for a new trend av-943.gif lol-2.gif

WTF.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.