Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What will my car look like with LE type treatment? or Leave Alone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Brain farting ideas on maybe sprucing up the looks of my car. Thought it might be fun to get opinions from you all. Just playing around.

Inviting Photoshop people to add these changes and post your work. I can't visualize it for some reason.

Also please give your opinion. really want to know what the opinions are; I see a lot of "it's your car; do as you want".

Car is not original; it's got webers, bodywork, different engine block, no heat, door panels.

Just a slightly hot street setup.
7TPorsh
Here it is:

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Rear valance is on the car now but not in the pic... :-)
TheCabinetmaker
Nice car. why ya want to change it? I'd be proud to drive it just the way it is.
Rand
Just remove the paint from the wheels and it will be perfect! smile.gif Nice car.
Rand
I'm not a fan of stripes and stickers, or adding paint to 4-lug Fuchs. But if I had to make a second choice, it would be the green.

IPB Image
Scott S
I like the green too.

You can get cheap repo Mahle wheels from all of the VW places.....
Ferg
Ohh, a Bumblehopper biggrin.gif
Scott S
a "grass-cicle"?

Ha!
Rand
You alls are forgettin the black. It's no sicle. It's no hopper.
It's no greensicle or oofsicle. It's a new thing.
7TPorsh, be original and you will win. And oh yeah, remove that damned paint from your Fuchs!! laugh.gif
scotty b
how are you guys saving the 914 configurator pics ? confused24.gif
poorsche914
Screen capture with the "Print Screen" key usually above the number pad. That puts the image in memory. Then paste it into Photoshop or other software. Crop and resize.

driving.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 27 2012, 05:32 PM) *

Screen capture with the "Print Screen" key usually above the number pad. That puts the image in memory. Then paste it into Photoshop or other software. Crop and resize.

driving.gif

PrtSc does nothing for me ( nxt to F12 ) . On a Gateway laptop if that makes any diff confused24.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 27 2012, 09:44 PM) *
PrtSc does nothing for me ( nxt to F12 ) . On a Gateway laptop if that makes any diff confused24.gif

Should work the same. In Photoshop, you have to open a NEW document (or have one open and active) that the image is then pasted into - press CTRL-V
Not sure how it works on other software confused24.gif

EDIT: I just tried it in Paint. Did PrntScrn and then opened Paint and then EDIT>PASTE
cwpeden
Try Ctrl + PrtSc
scotty b
Got it. biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
Red Barron version... I'm seriously considering one of these designs... smile.gif

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
All these pics look good.

They are not FUCHS; copies where the insert areas are a bit textured.

Stupid me I painted them black; they were light grey before when I bought them...paddles and rims are polished.

Is there a way to take the paint off without having to do the whole wheel over?
OU8AVW
Dude,
Black looks awesome!
Mountain914
Ack!! My configurator backfired and I got this! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

I voted gray (or grey if you prefer) stripes *if* you've got to mess with it, but in reality - you shouldn't mess with success.
I don't blame you for wanting something a little different, however, give it your own personal touch but don't go with what the masses want, do your own thing!!
halmil
You can just do one of the vinyl wraps so you can always remove it when you get tired of it and it will protect the paint as a bonus!
Cairo94507
Black, like it is, is my 1st choice; but, like others have already expressed, green would be the 2nd choice.
scotty b
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Jun 28 2012, 01:51 PM) *

Ack!! My configurator backfired and I got this! biggrin.gif

That is friggin sick smile.gif
damesandhotrods
If you really want to dress up a black 914, then why not do a tip of the hat to the olde Interscope Racing?
7TPorsh
OOh...I think that bug image made up my mind; beside burning my eyeballs.

Black 14s are hard enough to find I suppose so all black it shall stay.

Thanks all for your input.

Still wish I knew any easy way to get the paint off the wheels without having to do the polishing over.
bembry
Man--leave it how it is (or get rid of the black painted spokes).

I'm all for the LEs for historical purposes..,but on their own, those are really some shitty looking color combinations. It was the early 70s..not a great time for style. If my car wasn't built that way, I'd never do it voluntarily. Yuck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.