Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug nut question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
the pic below show my current set up for my 8 spoke empi's. I want to convert to 4 bolt Fuch's.

Aside from the fact that the lug nuts look like crap, do I have to replace them to work with the Fuchs?

thanks
Korijo
remove the studs/nuts.

buy new long lug bolts. easy as pie...

eBay

IPB Image
Joe Bob
The long studs he is talking about are a bit expensive when they are found. They SHOULD be 19mm on the heads...after market ones can be used but are usually 17mm.

Standard lugnuts are a little too short for the Fuchs. When you buy a set...negotiate for the nuts as well.

But I agree....lose those cheesey screw in studs....
Sammy
Fuch wheels require a ball seat type of lug (rounded part where it seats on the rim, kind of like a ball), I can't really tell but it looks like the ones you have are straight tapered seat. If that is the case using them on fuchs will not only damage the wheels, they could work loose and fall off. Not gud.
Mueller
the ones on ebay are 17mm heads and from I have heard from a few other 914 owners, they do not have the correct "ball" radi that matches the Fuchs....I have not personally seen them to verify it or not
Joe Bob
Sammy did some research on the subject aways back.....SOME of the 17mm ones do fit. He has the name of the vendor.....PM him.

BTYW...when ya do....Tell him gas prices are high because of a conspiracy....he likes that stuff.... blink.gif
p914
Ditto on what Mueller said. I just tried some from ebay and the ball didn't seat to the inset properly. If you buy em on ebay, talk to the seller first. The one I bought from is Mascara101. She was good about taking them back and refunding because the ball didn't match up. There are others that have them also. Or if you find a set of old ones, take them to a plating company.

Additionally, the front bolts on the Fuchs are shorter than the rears also.
bperry
Off topic, but is that a brake fluid leak on your brake line?
That looks kind of scary if it is.

--- bill
jr91472
Thanks all, and hey Bill thanks for paying attention. That wet spot is actually liquid wrench. I replaced my brake lines this morning. See how nice and shiny they are wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.