Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canam, LE, 914 'GT"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
So, I have this idea. After seeing some widened 4 bolt fuchs on a car in the current issue of vw trends, and recently spending some time on Jeffs Canam web page reading about the 914 GT (GREAT site by the way), I was thinking what a "914 GT" really could have been. Just think if the factory had flared the car and put wider 4 bolt fuchs on it. Can you imagine a creamsicle with the exact paint scheme that we are all used to with widened arches and wide, painted center Fuchs or Mahles on it? I'll bet the bumble bee version would have sold very well.

I know, I know - totally cost prohibitive for the factory. However, If I had a pile of extra cash lying aroung I would build one in a second...

Sorry for the random post - just thinking out loud!
SirAndy
money? what do you need money for? haha, don't we all built cars on a budget?

anyways, i like the idea of a bumblebee GT (hey, that's a rhyme) !!!
jeff's going to have a heartattack, but i would love to build one ...
(has to be a /6 of course)

Andy
anthony
They are still at the bottom of my 914 as far as attractiveness goes. I'd rather build a modern interpretation of a 914 GT.
JeffBowlsby
I think it would be a great idea Scott...

Actually, I think the Euro 914 GT looks cleaner than the USA version Bumblebee. I had contemplated making a replica 914 GT at one time...maybe someday...
914werke
So jeff what was different between the Euro GT and the US LE's?
JeffBowlsby
RD- check out the 914 Canam site...there is a current matrix with all the known details on the 914 CanAm cars link...bottom of page.
Bleyseng
Here is a pic, note the different side stripe, vinyl targa trim
SirAndy
ok, those who know me will know that when i say GT i mean the factory race cars cool.gif

i'd like a bumble-bee with flares and spoilers and wide tires etc ...

i had some spare time to kill and did some photoshop on my car and fell in love with the result wub.gif
krk
Hey Andy,

That is cool! It's a very good mockup of what the final result might look like!! (And clear evidence that such a car would be a babe-magnet!)

Soo.... what's the right accent color for red? mueba.gif

kim.
Aaron Cox
nice photo shop skills! how long that take...hehe
i think a creamer would look super cool!
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ May 12 2003, 07:46 PM)
nice photo shop skills! how long that take...hehe
i think a creamer would look super cool!

hehe. 10 minutes or so. could have done much better, the yellow is way off (too green). but you get the idea. i actually really like the look. i have to try a white/red and white/green option too ...

Andy
seanery
Andy has 914 posts, haha!! boldblue.gif
Qarl
Now it looks like a bumble bee!
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ May 13 2003, 09:22 AM)
Now it looks like a bumble bee!

haha, that's great man. ROTFLMAO laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.