Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FFC Important Note About Time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
Here in Indiana right now we are in Eastern Standard Time, always are, don't change, never change the clocks, etc...We are the same time as Chicago right now which is Central Daylight Time. Sunday morning at, what, 2am the rest of the world will switch from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. That means that when you leave on Sunday we will be the same time zone as New York. We will now be an hour later than Chicago, 2 hours later than Salt Lake City and 3 hours later than Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Make sense? confused24.gif

I know, people think Indiana is wrong....but let me tell you....WE'RE RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG!!!! ™ w00t.gif ©
dan10101
Absolutely!

DST sucks. It's dark enough in the evenings.

Can we get California to change?
SpecialK
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 19 2004, 02:50 PM)
WE'RE RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG!!!! ™ w00t.gif ©

Hmmm, sounds like the same thing "they" say about driving on the left side of the road. biggrin.gif

I agree, DST is stooopid. It's like setting the time on your alarm clock 15 mins. fast.....who are you trying to fool!
Pnambic
Ummm...I think the time change doesn't happen until the last Sunday in October, which would be 2 am on the 31st, right? So, not until the weekend after the FFC?
seanery
oh, well....I think you're right. Engman and I were talking about it and I thought it was this weekend.
GWN7
Spring- forward Fall- back and it's the weekend after....
beerchug.gif
ArtechnikA
DST Lore

" Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the United States at 2 a.m. on the first Sunday of April. Time reverts to standard time at 2 a.m. on the last Sunday of October. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time.

In the European Union, Summer Time begins and ends at 1 am Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time). It starts the last Sunday in March, and ends the last Sunday in October. In the EU, all time zones change at the same moment. "
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.