Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visited Renegade last week in Vegas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
I was out in Vegas last week for a seminar (yes really, a seminar), and took an afternoon to visit Renegade. Scott wasn't in that day, so my wife and I wasted Mike's afternoon for him. laugh.gif Mike couldn't have been nicer, I learned some good stuff, saw some very cool stuff, and bought some great stuff. Yes, I am a tool, and didn't take any pictures because, well. . . ., I am just a tool. monkeydance.gif

They were working on a few 914s, one of which they were sorting out after it had been converted to be driven by remote control!!! That's right, remote control. I don't know why, but the mass of wires was comical lol2.gif Another one was gonna be super nice when it was done, with nice steel flares and a super clean chasis. I also saw an AudioCulture system installed, and without getting sucked into the price/value debate, I will just say, it looked really, really nice. I got the last few parts I needed to hook up my heat (control valve and fitting for the block) as well as a hands on "here's what you gotta do" lesson using one of the cars in the shop. I also bought a new lengthened Terry accelorator cable that they are now stocking, so I can run the cable up the back instead of the front, thereby removing a couple tight 90' turns that made my cable too unresponsive.

We talked about all kinds of stuff, and Mike let me wander around and handle all the perty parts (oohhhh, billet polished shiney stuff. Mmmmmmm w00t.gif ) They have taller 901's and converted 930's stacked up like cord wood. Sadly, I was unable to fit a 930 in my bag unnoticed. laugh.gif When it was time to go, Mike loaded us up with free shirts, and gave a us a ride back to the hotel. It was a very enjoyable afternoon, Mike was very cool, and I learned lots of useful stuff about why Renegade does things the way they do. Even if you don't have a Renegade conversion, it is an afternoon I would highly recommend if you ever get the chance. beerchug.gif
iiibdsiil
Yeah, I went out there, stayed for a couple days, a buddy of mine was trying to do some work for them.

We stayed in Mike's kids beds. Lol.

Helluva nice guy he is. Scott too.
rick 918-S
I stopped there on my way to the WCC! I drove the Alien to there shop. Scott and Mike are cool! they thought my project was interesting. Scott was flogging his car up and down the street. It was a great day!
Jenny
Yup, Scott and Mike are good peeps. And they've always got some cool cars to drool over at the shop. Everytime I go for a ride in Peel, it gets faster!

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.