Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: H4 Headlight Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
I was just out working on the headlights of the Red Car, and I noticed an extra bulb on the bottom of the housing. These have high/low beam bulbs in them, so what is the extra bulb for? Driving lights? Fog lights? Is this something worthwhile wiring to the foglight switch to use? Inquiring minds want to know........
LotusJoe
Probably it's is a city light. Meant to be on when your side running lights are on. Small bulb in the bottom of the headlights? I lived in Belgium and you would use your city lights, obviously when your in the city at night instead of your headlights.
markb
Wow, I've never heard of something like that. I guess that comes from my living in the boondocks most of my life. Thanks.
jsayre914
This little bulb?

its wired to my high beam circuit, my car has HID low beam only. That bulb is not used for anything unless I turn on the high beams, then i cant see anything blink.gif
markb
Nope, it's a separate small bulb at the bottom of the round housing. Separate wiring, too.
LotusJoe
Here is an example
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
European housings. Parking lights.
markb
Yup, that's it. Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.