Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP Cant get pushrod tubes in all the way
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
any ideas? tube wont go far enough into the head to seat...
cametal
Have you tried lube? Try twisting the tube while pushing with somthing that is close in size to the OD of the tube.
Aaron Cox
do you have the right gaskets/seals/orings?

hope it sorts out jay
DrifterJay
im not that retarded huh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Oct 19 2004, 07:19 PM)
im not that retarded huh.gif

wasnt an insult. i thought there were 2 differentones...i may be retarded
Deano
I put a deep well socket that was a approx. the same diameter against it and gently tapped it with a rubber mallet while twisting the tube. Watch closely to make sure you are not pinching the o-ring. Hope this works for you.
Mueller
agree.gif ...yep, Deano's method is what I use as well....
DrifterJay
well it worked....one side was easy...the other side for some odd reason was a lot tighter...had to use some primitive force...but its in.... biggrin.gif I might be at the autox...but my car wont be legal....May tags and no current proof...but its only 20 minutes from my house....better than Toasts proposition of using somebodies Ghia plates...hehe...well see.... ninja.gif
skline
It's just a fix it ticket up to 6 months, then its up to the officer, but he could impound it after 6 months out.
Aaron Cox
do it jay!

you gotta man.... it will make working in the army more bareable, youll have happy thoughts in your head smile.gif
seanery
When I lived in Redondo Beach, one of my neighbors had a car that was 2 years expired, no insurance, high or drunk everyday and he drove all the time wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.