Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB metal ends from harness for back up light switch and rubber boot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Krieger
I need the two metal ends that plug into the back up light switch on the trans and the rubber boot that covers them. I don't want an entire harness.
76-914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 28 2012, 10:22 PM) *

I need the two metal ends that plug into the back up light switch on the trans and the rubber boot that covers them. I don't want an entire harness.

If you can't find the male plugs you can use "blue" butt splice connectors. Strip the plastic off, crimp one end on the wire, slightly enlarge the open end with a small nail or ice pick then slide it in the back up switch.
Krieger
Thanks, I'm looking to do it oem style.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 29 2012, 07:50 AM) *

Thanks, I'm looking to do it oem style.

I can probably find a pair of connecters for you.
I know of three 914's in pick a part yards right now.
Bruce
Krieger
When do you think you will make your next run to the bone yard? How much $
bdstone914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 29 2012, 05:45 PM) *

When do you think you will make your next run to the bone yard? How much $

Soon and cheap
Krieger
Thanks, let me know!
IronHillRestorations
I've got some suitable bullet connector replacements that work fine for the connectors. A new boot is the only way to go. I might have a new boot. PM me if your interested. Once you put the boot on, you are the only one that's going to know they aren't factory connectors.
toolguy
the metal 'bullets' are the same as used in other places on the car. . like the multi pin plug on the engine circuit board and the pins inside the ignition switch IIRC. .
Just unsolder them off an old harness and reuse. .
Krieger
icon_bump.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jun 30 2012, 10:36 AM) *

the metal 'bullets' are the same as used in other places on the car. . like the multi pin plug on the engine circuit board and the pins inside the ignition switch IIRC. .
Just unsolder them off an old harness and reuse. .

No...they are different and unique to the reverse light switch.

Kreiger...did you get my email/PM from last week? I can hook you up...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.