Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have You Seen This Throttle Cable Bracket?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76Porsche
I'm looking for an engine mounted throttle cable bracket like this one (or something similar). Let me know if you have some idea about where I can purchase such a bracket.
Jack

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
IPB Image

same idea. But only took me an hour or so to make with scrap I had on hand and no fancy cutting or bending tools.

Zach
ConeDodger
Go to the Original Customs banner ad at the top or bottom of the page, or send a Personal Message to McMark here on the site. He makes these...

I think you can just barely see it in this picture.
TheCabinetmaker
I have one i'll give you for the price of shipping. 5.35 in a small flat rate box, or about 2 bucks first class mail
76Porsche
Great.

PM sent a couple days ago.

Let me know how you'd like to be paid/

Jack
jholgate@bellsouth.net
TheCabinetmaker
I recieved no PM, but they have been hit and miss since the great disaster of 2012. I will email you my info.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 3 2012, 07:09 AM) *
... the great disaster of 2012. ...

You got married again???

wink.gif

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 3 2012, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 3 2012, 07:09 AM) *
... the great disaster of 2012. ...

You got married again???

wink.gif

--DD

Haha Dave. I've been divorced for 30 years and with the same woman for the last 10. happy11.gif
bobhasissues
Just my two cents:
If you want this for a CSP bellcrank linkage keep the following in mind.
The one in your photo was available with Weber progressive kits years ago but I believe is now NLA. The one McMark makes is a mirror image or negative of the one in your photo. They mount on opposite sides of the case and pull to the side of the case they are mounted on. The Weber one will not work with the CSP bellcrank linkage shown by Cone Dodger. The geometry of the cable pulling from the wrong side of the case to the CSP bellcrank just doesn't work well. Been down that road. Call McMark if this is the application you need it for, or do what I did and trace the Weber version on some construction paper and cut out the shape on some sheet metal (doesn't have to be as thick as the Weber version) and bend up in the opposite direction of the Weber so it will fit the other side of the case.
bobhasissues
Just my two cents:
If you want this for a CSP bellcrank linkage keep the following in mind.
The one in your photo was available with Weber progressive kits years ago but I believe is now NLA. The one McMark makes is a mirror image or negative of the one in your photo. They mount on opposite sides of the case and pull to the side of the case they are mounted on. The Weber one will not work with the CSP bellcrank linkage shown by Cone Dodger. The geometry of the cable pulling from the wrong side of the case to the CSP bellcrank just doesn't work well. Been down that road. Call McMark if this is the application you need it for, or do what I did and trace the Weber version on some construction paper and cut out the shape on some sheet metal (doesn't have to be as thick as the Weber version) and bend up in the opposite direction of the Weber so it will fit the other side of the case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.