Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original coating of the headlight pivots, headlight bracket plates & headlight motor arms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
A&PGirl
This thread was started over in the Garage because I was wanted to get my stuff plated soon, but I soon found out that it's not that easy. happy11.gif

Here is the garage thread: Thread

If I can, I'd rather go for originality across all years, but it looks like there is difference between the years and the special editions.

LE VIN run-brackets silver, headlight covers grey
7?-brackets yellow, pivots unknown
7?-brackets yellow, pivots yellow
7?-brackets clear zinc, pivots clear zinc
7?-brackets clear zinc, pivots no plate

^on all fasteners yellow

Now, it brings the question up what is the original coating of the headlight motor arm? Yellow plate, clear plate, dove blue/grey paint?

I'm really curious now. idea.gif
What is the correct coating for the headlight pivots & the headlight bracket plates?

I know the headlight motor arms are supposed to be yellow plate. What is it for the rest? Does it depend on year? 914/6 vs 914/4? Day of the week? How drunk Hans was? Supervisors mood?
Most of these parts are painted over in bad repaint jobs of the cars. For those who are wondering, I was thinking about getting them plated in the correct plate if
possible.

It would help if you mention the year/engine of the car, paint code, special editions, and whether the car was intended in the USA/Euro market/Grey market. What is your opinion? smile.gif

This is a no stress, no demand thread.

I'm just looking for info for my (late) 1974 2.0 Alaska blue, my fathers (early) 1974 1.8 Silver, my family's (early) 1972 1.7 Irish Green and the latest acquisition the 1973 2.0.
1970 Neun vierzehn
I do not know if these photos will be useful to you or not. It depicts the H/L assembly components in their totally unrestored state.

The car in the photos is my 1970 /4, build date January 1970.

Paul

Lots of gray paint!
1970 Neun vierzehn
bracket .....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.