Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom73
Just got a '71 1.7 and two of the fuel injectors fuel hoses (the hose from the fuel rail/line to the injector) have cracked, apparently from age. I hate the thought of having to replace the injector just because the fuel hose part is cracked. Is there any way to replace that section of fuel line? It appears to be a press fit onto the injector. So, $150+ for new injector or $1.50 for new fuel line? Ideas????

tom...
Joe Ricard
New fuel ine. If you want to get picky PP has the 90 degree bent hose piece. If you cut sections from from a straight hose the injectors will want to lay on thier sides. No biggy really.
Tom73
How do you get the old hose line off since it is a pressed on fitting? Once removed is there a fuel barb sticking out so that the new fuel line can be hose clamped on?

tom...
type47
yes, there is a "barb" on the end of the injector to insert into the new fuel line. anymethod you can think of, pretty much, is the way to remove the crimped connection. dremel, hack saw, vise grips..... with usual caution and care/finesse.....
Rhodes71/914
Be sure that if you go with regular fuel hose to leave enough room for the rails to lay a little flatter than they were with the elbows. First time I did this the line from the pressure regulator to the fuel rail was too short, causing a kink in the little peice of line from the injector to the fuel rail. When I checked PP didn't have the elbows. Also if you're not already you might as well replace all the fuel lines. Cheap easy insurance.

By the way my car - '71 1.7L . biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.