Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rain Friday and Sat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Ok, so I have owned this car since May and it has not been wet. Do I drive it to FFC?

How bad will roof leak? What else do I need to worry about? wacko.gif

Will it do anything to the few surface rust spots I do have? wacko.gif

Do I have to go from Faulkins on Fuchs back to steel wheels with 165 Dunlops? wacko.gif

This is likely last drive of 2004 before I start work for winter. sad.gif
skline
Seems it is raining all over the country, it is pouring here and supposed to for next few days. Its just a little water, mine wont be going out in it but there are no big runs here locally. If I lived closer and could attend the FFC I would probably go no matter what. As for the surface rust, it wont get any worse with just one rainfall. Make sure you have your rain tray installed and brings some towels with you. Rough it out and then fix it over the winter.
seanery
drive yer car driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
My wipers SUCK, they wipe very sllloooowwllyyy.... Good thing I have RainX biggrin.gif

Not sure about the Falkens in the rain confused24.gif

Bring some towels and see if Perry can get you one of his umbrella covers sent to you ASAP. Use it for over night parking, they keep everything dry biggrin.gif
seanery
I think we're ok....scattered won't get us....
mudfoot76
Rain or shine, I'm driving my car, and I don't have a rain tray. I do have a cover though, so I'm not so worried about rain over night. I've only been caught in a downpour once (on the highway) and did not experience water intrusion through the targa seals. The windshield wipers are only moderately useful, so Rain-X is definately a good investment.
seanery
Geoff, did you sign up for the Pumpkin Run next week?
mudfoot76
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 20 2004, 10:20 AM)
Geoff, did you sign up for the Pumpkin Run next week?

I signed up to volunteer and help with whatever they need. I want to get the engine broken in some more before I go and beat up on it at a track for a weekend. I'll be back on the DE scene next spring driving.gif
Not to mention that I just bought a brand new car, and have to pay for all the work on the 914 in the same month headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.