Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You people are a bad influence
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
warpig
After being on this sight since I started looking for a 914, 2 years ago. And reading all about how much fun it is to put gobs of power in these tiny little death traps. Well it has happened. A friend was hard up for money and I had some. So now I have an 81 911 SC donor. piratenanner.gif Its just beginning to sink in that I won't get to drive it for a while but it never stops raining here anyway. headbang.gif Any tips or advice, words of encouragement etc. are cheerfully accepted or ignored as the mood strikes me. idea.gif As I get started I will be selling off all the misc. stuff I don't intend to use from both cars for the ongoing expenses, so if you are looking for something in particular let me know and I will unbolt it and send along, as I don't want any of it to go to waste. I will try to get a list of things I am getting rid of and what I still need posted this week. And guess what... the donor runs!!!! It is actually in decent shape. I never thought I could afford one that wasn't out of a wrecking yard but the Gods can be incredible awesome some days. KMA.gif Any how it will be a bit before the transformation begins, I have to find suitable shop space. But then it's on. Here is a pic of the donor and recipient. I will be posting pics and maybe video of some of the more interesting bits as it comes along. beerchug.gif Thanks for leading me here, I hope it will be as good for you as it is for me grouphug.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
That car looks to nice to turn into a donor. Want to trade it for a nice motorcycle? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 1 2012, 03:52 PM) *

That car looks to nice to turn into a donor. Want to trade it for a nice motorcycle? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Don't you have enough 914's Shoe?
MikeSpraggi
Does that 9eleben run? Looks nice.
billh1963
Unless there is something terminally wrong with that 911 I sure wouldn't part/scrap it out!
scotty b
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 1 2012, 12:52 PM) *

Click to view attachment

agree.gif Then D could trade me the 911 for the work on one of his cars rolleyes.gif
montoya 73 2.0
WTF.gif I would piece it out just to piss everyone off! happy11.gif Seriously though, since it runs and if its registered I would drive it!
Tom
Cuse me, never stops raining there ( San Diego). Move to the PNW and say that again!! dry.gif
Really looks like a nice 911, maybe too nice to part out. Maybe sell it and buy an engine seperately. Selling it could fuel your conversion. smile.gif
Tom
JRust
QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 1 2012, 05:58 PM) *

Cuse me, never stops raining there ( San Diego). Move to the PNW and say that again!! dry.gif
Really looks like a nice 911, maybe too nice to part out. Maybe sell it and buy an engine seperately. Selling it could fuel your conversion. smile.gif
Tom

agree.gif That looks to be pretty nice. Even if it is an assdragger dry.gif . I'd drive it & sure wouldn't part it out. Unless it has some serious rust hidden that justifies it. Or the other side is caved in & we just can't see it confused24.gif
SirAndy
Don't listen to these guys. rolleyes.gif
There's plenty on that 9eleben that you can use, then sell the rest as parts.

You'll have a great 914 and some extra money in the bank ...
popcorn[1].gif
warpig
Ya thats what I was thinking.... There are a million 911's around, I see them everyday....But now a really cherry 914 6 thats something that will get noticed
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 1 2012, 06:34 PM) *

Don't listen to these guys. rolleyes.gif
There's plenty on that 9eleben that you can use, then sell the rest as parts.

You'll have a great 914 and some extra money in the bank ...
popcorn[1].gif

warpig
Just moved to Portland OR a couple months ago. Havent changed my status yet cuz,,,well,,,just not comfortable with it yet
QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 1 2012, 05:58 PM) *

Tom

oldschool
QUOTE(warpig @ Jul 1 2012, 01:37 PM) *

After being on this sight since I started looking for a 914, 2 years ago. And reading all about how much fun it is to put gobs of power in these tiny little death traps. Well it has happened. A friend was hard up for money and I had some. So now I have an 81 911 SC donor. piratenanner.gif Its just beginning to sink in that I won't get to drive it for a while but it never stops raining here anyway. headbang.gif Any tips or advice, words of encouragement etc. are cheerfully accepted or ignored as the mood strikes me. idea.gif As I get started I will be selling off all the misc. stuff I don't intend to use from both cars for the ongoing expenses, so if you are looking for something in particular let me know and I will unbolt it and send along, as I don't want any of it to go to waste. I will try to get a list of things I am getting rid of and what I still need posted this week. And guess what... the donor runs!!!! It is actually in decent shape. I never thought I could afford one that wasn't out of a wrecking yard but the Gods can be incredible awesome some days. KMA.gif Any how it will be a bit before the transformation begins, I have to find suitable shop space. But then it's on. Here is a pic of the donor and recipient. I will be posting pics and maybe video of some of the more interesting bits as it comes along. beerchug.gif Thanks for leading me here, I hope it will be as good for you as it is for me grouphug.gif

yes...I need the knee pad.... :rolleyes:and the front valance
TargaToy
I think I'd have to figure out a way to keep both.

Back in my Honda CRX days my BIL found me a SCHWEET Integra for a donor because it had the bigger DOHC motor, rear discs, etc that I planned for upgrades to my car.

We're talking Honda vs Porsche here, i realize...but I couldn't even bring myself to sacrifice that donor. I put on a new head on it, got it road worthy, and sold it to my nephew for his first car...and kept on driving my CRX as it was.

That being said...I was just driving along minding my own business the other evening and noticed THIS in clear view. Naturally, I had to detour and have a closer look-see. Now why would somebody strip a perfectly good 911?? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
rohar
Oh, and who you calling "YOU PEOPLE"!

Sheesh, I gotta do everything around here. You're slippin teenerfolk!

I say strip that 911 for all it's worth and sell the rest. You'll like yourself better after it's done.
CG-914
Dont strip it ar15.gif ! You could get a one running from a crash a lot lot cheaper!!!!
Keep a nice 911 running!
I thought we are not just here because of the 914s, but also because we admire the Porsche technology and there coolnes aktion035.gif !!!!!!
EdwardBlume
Kill the 911!
ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 3 2012, 06:10 AM) *

Kill the 911!
ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

Hey don't kill those 911s. We need them as donors evilgrin.gif . In fact, encourage 911 owners to keep their engines fresh and in tip-top shape and to keep their suspensions in great working condition. Brake calipers wheels ... keep them all very nice. By doing that, we can be assured of years of harvesting.
KELTY360
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jul 2 2012, 06:09 PM) *

Now why would somebody strip a perfectly good 911?? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Maybe it was stolen and stripped for parts.
porbmw
Looks way too good to kill.
Although it appears to be a Euro car....gray market/title issues...what year?
IF you are killing it, and if it has a rear wiper mechanism/motor etc, could you pm me
Thanks
bembry
aint no one killing that 911....puleeze.
CG-914
QUOTE(porbmw @ Jul 3 2012, 02:22 PM) *

Looks way too good to kill.
Although it appears to be a Euro car....gray market/title issues...what year?
IF you are killing it, and if it has a rear wiper mechanism/motor etc, could you pm me
Thanks

Euro car = even better!
Who likes H5 headlights?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.