Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 74 2.0 FI with 6 Conversion Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
ben*james
74 2.0 FI. Plus a ton of 6 conversion parts.
Portland Oregon

Link to 46 pictures of car and parts offered

www.914picsandparts.shutterfly.com

Sorry for not getting the pictures uploaded correctly. I've got lots of pictures I can email or upload if I can figure out how to get it done without subjecting everyone to neck strains.

I bought the two liter fuel injected 1974 four about three years ago. I added a triad exhaust, factory mirrors (both sides), stainless fuel lines, new cv joints, replaced the breaks, and stainless steel heat exchangers. Also replaced the hoses during the job.

The car runs great, fires right up performs well. I guess shifting bushings need some attention but I find it easy to drive and shift. As seen in the pictures, it has many factory options.

The paint is great 10 foot paint. No rust other than surface rust in. The trunk. Battery box still in tacked. We had it up on a lift and it looks surprisingly rust free...however, if you tried hard enough I am sure you could poke a hole in the hell hole (well said, I know...).

The idea was to convert to a six. As you can see by the list of parts below, I had most of what I needed, problem being the talent to actually do it. So, at my loss and someone's gain I am out. Will be back but probably after my twin two and a half year olds and one in the womb are a little farther down the road of life.

Here is a list of the parts:

Gold 914-6 badge NOS
OEM sail trims brand spanking new
Early model fixed seat black
Early model fixed seat tan
Engine lid 914-6 and drip pan
2.0 heat exchangers
914-6 weber filter, air cleaner, complete setup and hardware
Blistering struts
Fully boxed and remanufactured Patrick Motorsport 914-6 trailing arms
New pivot shafts and dealing bushings
OEM 901 914-6 stub axles and five bolt hubs
1986 Carreras 3.2 front suspension complete
Aluminum cross member
New turbo tie rods
New heavy duty ball joints
Like new 914-6 motor wiper assembly
Early front and back chrome bumpers decent
Early fresh air system complete
North Hollywood rebuild speedo
914-6 OEM steel gauge bezel (not later plastic)
New seat belts OEM
Whitle headlight bezels
1998 993 new engine wiring harness
74 2.0 complete wiring harness
Set of four 7j16 Fuchs five lug

I've got pictures of all the parts individually. Lots of really good stuff and some junk as well

I'd like to have a complete sale of the car and the parts. Willing to be patient on the right buyer. If I had to, I'd sell the car and parts separately but I don't want to piecemeal out the parts. So I will post a few pictures and stay on top of the thread to answer questions.
ben*james
http://914picsandparts.shutterfly.com/
Cairo94507
Ben*James - email sent.
ben*james
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 7 2012, 06:18 AM) *

Ben*James - email sent.

Email not received. Please send again or better yet pm me. Probably tight filters on spam, but in this day and age...what are you gonna do?
sda4property@gmail.com
Please call Scott Anderson 562-987-1850. Interested in parts.
dangerranger01
Any idea on what you'd like to get out of the car itself without all the parts (if you're willing to separate)?
ben*james
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Jul 17 2012, 08:23 PM) *

Any idea on what you'd like to get out of the car itself without all the parts (if you're willing to separate)?

I'm strongly considering that option. Haven't fully commited to the idea but am leaning that direction. If you are a potential buyer, pm me. Thanks.
ben*james
Bump.....still available.
my1st914
PM sent...
bcheney
What a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants a six conversion. Great list of parts to go along with an already running car!
ben*james
Thanks! I wish I had the time and talent to see this through. This offer is a pretty good deal I'd suspect.

QUOTE(bcheney @ Dec 27 2012, 03:32 PM) *

What a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants a six conversion. Great list of parts to go along with an already running car!

driving.gif
mepstein
If you decide to part it, let me know about the early chrome bumpers. thanks, mark
ben*james
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 28 2012, 04:13 AM) *

If you decide to part it, let me know about the early chrome bumpers. thanks, mark

Will not part out. Appreciate you asking though. I don't have the time, means or desire. birthday3.gif I just turned 40. I'm now a grumpy old man.
my1st914
Are you willing to sell just the car?? I'm interested....
Great project for some one...but if you decided to "part", I'm interested in the 993 engine harness
GLWS
ben*james
QUOTE(my1st914 @ Dec 28 2012, 07:27 AM) *

Are you willing to sell just the car?? I'm interested....

Yes, I am. Got your pm, will call you.
ben*james
QUOTE(396 @ Dec 28 2012, 08:02 AM) *

Great project for some one...but if you decided to "part", I'm interested in the 993 engine harness
GLWS

I will absolutely not part this stash out. It will sit in a large pile in my warehouse until someone comes and cleans up the entire lot. I'd love to see that person buy the car as well.
roblav1
Is this package still for sale?
ben*james
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jan 21 2013, 06:08 AM) *

Is this package still for sale?

Yes. I'm perhaps the worst seller though, not responding to further questions very well. Will do my best to post more pics this week and address a few questions.
Low Miles
I would like to look at the car and parts stash at your leisure. I am looking for a 6 project and your local.
ben*james
Sending PM
ben*james
Bump...
sda4property@gmail.com
This car is awesome...
Someone buy this car and sell the part on the sight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.