Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late Model Window Regulator Coil Spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
There's something I'm missing on the late model window regulator and the coil spring (73 on). My coil springs are just sitting there and I'm fairly certain there's some sort of attachment that rides on that arm and hooks in the loop.

The factory manual is no hope, it just shows the front side. Anyone have a late model window regulator out so you can show me the backside and the coil spring attachment?

beerchug.gif
McMark
I don't have a pic on hand. But I had a set of 912 mechanisms plated and the process ate the center portion that the spring clips into. yikes.gif Can't say for sure this is the same situation/piece on the 914 door. But if you post a pic of what you've got, I might be able to help.
Eric_Shea
The center of the coil is fine. The outside has a loop on it. They're in the door now but I'll see if I can get a picture. They are facing the skin so... it might be hard to grasp.
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Thanks... I think sad.gif
veltror
smile.gif Finally I can be useful, I found a NOS winder sometime back so since my car is still in bits I could use this picture.

R
Eric_Shea
It appears as though that shiney bit is pot metal.

As per Mark's post. They did not survive the plating experience.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 2 2012, 03:57 PM) *
It appears as though that shiney bit is pot metal.

As per Mark's post. They did not survive the plating experience.

That should be an easy fix ...
welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.