Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SFBA: Red Rocks Crew?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Now that I've got my 914 running again, I'm thinking about trying to make it past Reno again. laugh.gif

Who else is thinking of going? I know Jeff (jsconst) is going. It would be cool if we could get 10+ of us going together.
Valy
Few more details about the event please
sixnotfour
Think Beaver.................................Utah

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=189627
smj
Thinking hard about how much to try and do to the -6 to get it ready for this kind of trip. A convoy or caravan would be awesome...
76-914
Do it. Live life. Be there. Feel alive. Or, you can sit at home and read about our jaunt. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
What way were you thinking of going Mark? Just under 500 miles of 'nowhere' if you take Hwy 50 out of Reno and 700 miles if you take Hwy 80 out of Reno... That doesn't include the 200 or so miles from the Bay Area to Reno...

I start my new position as a director in a week, so no time off for me for a while... sad.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 2 2012, 07:39 AM) *

What way were you thinking of going Mark? Just under 500 miles of 'nowhere' if you take Hwy 50 out of Reno and 700 miles if you take Hwy 80 out of Reno... That doesn't include the 200 or so miles from the Bay Area to Reno...

I start my new position as a director in a week, so no time off for me for a while... sad.gif

Whadayabitchinabout? Beaver is "nowhere" and we're gonna make it "somewhere"!!!

Only 460 miles for me ...
smj
I kinda liked what Google Maps threw up - CA-120 almost due East to Yosemite, then US-6, NV-375, and US-93 / Great Basin Highway over to I-15.

I-80? Meh, driven I-80 a bunch of times - where's the fun? I'd at least want to enjoy the teener on US-50 from Sacramento on. I make that run up to South Lake Tahoe in the snow buggy frequently, might be nice to see it in warmer weather.
ConeDodger
I wouldn't worry about US 50 from Sacramento to Carson City at all, It's the next 497 miles of nothing that worry me. And I am not talking about my car, mine would make it, but some of the others? I'm talking about 'AAA don't go there and there isn't anything there anyway country here...' blink.gif They run the Silver State Run out there. Nevada Highway Patrol shuts down the highway and the cars run in different classes up to and including 200mph class!

As I said, I can't go. No days off for a year or so... mad.gif
sixnotfour
No days off for a year or so... mad.gif

Huh ? my new job I negotiated 4weeks Vaca.
Mike Bellis
120 through Yosemite would be the best route!!!!!
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

I can't go this year. sad.gif Next year I will drive the 914 to RRC piratenanner.gif

If the world doesn't end this December hide.gif
speed metal army
smile.gif
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 1 2012, 10:11 PM) *

Think Beaver.................................Utah

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=189627

I think about beaver 24/7.
Mabye next year. smile.gif
JStroud
I was planning on the route through yosemite, looks like a nice drive. I'll probably leave early and drive to Albuquerque, then drive to Beaver on Friday. I'd be up for a caravan back from Beaver on Sunday.....or whenever they let us out of jail drunk.gif

I put in for my vacation today...this afternoon I approved it av-943.gif

Now I just need to get my car ready, put the new engine in, new shocks and tires.

Plenty of time

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.