Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G TECH PRO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I was looking at the G TECH PRO and wondered if anyone has had any experience with them. Searching for tests I was unable to find any comparisons as to the accuracy against true readings.

Do the older units work as well as the new ones?
Root_Werks
Couple of buddies of mine and I went in on a G-Tech a few years back. Works good, seems pretty acurate. Above all, it is nice to use to see improvements made on money you spend. One example would be a 0-60 time of 6.3, but doing nothing but putting on new struts, lowering a tad and getting it alinged yielded a 0-60 of 6.0 every time. So neat just to see how things like "Squat" really affect lost time on take offs or even shifts.

Get one, they are cool to mess around with. Turn it sideways and you can even messure your lateral G's! biggrin.gif driving.gif
914_1.8t
They are around $40 dollars on ebay.....i think i'll get one biggrin.gif
iamchappy
ME TOO
Andyrew
Skip the pro's, if you've got the cash, go straight for the competition...

The pro was nice (we have one) but one of the accelerometers messed up and its all screwy... (wont do lateral g's... grrrrrrrrr). It measured 0-60, 60-0 1/4 mile with speed, lateral g's, instantaneous g's and the all popular hp...

The new one.. Competition is much nicer...

Just based on hp and tq, it provides a graph, A GRAPH of the hp and tq curve.. (compare it to a dyno...). It records lateral g's for like a min. and you can download it to your pc!!!!

I do want another pro though... If im not getting the comp soon...

Good toy, very much worth the 25-40 bucks on ebay.

Andrew
cametal
I've had a Gtech competition for two years. It's good for 0- 60 and quarter mile times but I was waiting for their auto-x software upgrade.
They released it a few weeks ago along with the data logging software for your computer.
I'm still playing with it to see what it can do.

Thought I would let you know about the new upgrade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.