Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from the Nurburgring Again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Well I'm back at the Nurburgring again. Drove 10 laps today, so that makes 92 laps to date, getting close to 100, maybe tomorrow. My current Lap card will take me to 107, how cool is that.

Went to Le Mans, having a great time. Went into Le Mans for the Drivers Parade and got ROBBED on the tram. I was with friends and Chris was a London Police Detective. He and Graham went back on the tram hoping to find my wallet in the trash with just the money gone, No luck there, but Chris did catch 1 of the fuckers, Romanian Gypsy, Chris restrained him (punched his lights out) and the police arrested him, but he wasn't the asshole who had my wallet. It took me 45-60 minutes to get back to the campground and start canceling credit cards. Those fuckers had already broken the pins for 2 cards, 1 of them had a 7 digit pin. i never could remember it so I just went to the bank with that card. They are good.

Made a Police report they said a big group of Romanian Gypsy's were ripping people off all over Le Mans and they wonder why no one likes them. They're thieves that's why,scumbags.

Anyway, good news I was with friends, they gave me enough cash to get to my friend Jon's in Luxembourg while I waited for new documents. Took about 10 days to get everything replaced and I'm back on Tour.

I canceled out on going to the Classic Le Mans, those scumbags will probably still be there, that's why I don't like going to events with big crowds, because the scumbags come with them. You see the gypsy's all over Europe, begging and thieving. I've always kept a eye on them but I was with a group of friends and let my guard down, never again.

So instead of the Classic I'm doing laps at the Nurburgring, works for me.

Later, Don

DonTraver
Forgot to mention. I hit over 200kph on the up/down straight after the first right hand sweeper, Woo Hoo, that was a first. I'm also running new tire sizes, went 10mm wider on the front, now she turns in really quick, almost have a bit of over steer in a couple of corners

Just loving it.
smj
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

What's the word I'm looking for? Hmm... Oh yes: JEALOUS! wink.gif

Sorry to hear about the theft, but glad it didn't have a worse impact on your finances. And that you're able to continue enjoying the trip.
kevin311
Sorry to hear about the robbing... WTF.gif
We're you at the nurburgring at the beginning of May? I was there during a vacation and was eating outside at a cafe with my dad in Adenau and thought I saw you drive by. I about stromberg.gif myself but didn't want to follow a random German if it wasn't you!
I love keeping up with your trip, someday I will do something like it.
Have fun and keep safe!
Kevin
DonTraver
Kevin, yep I was there at the beginning of May. Wore out my tires on the Ring. The hotel I was staying at is about 8-10kms outside of Adenau. You probably saw me after I'd finished at the Ring and was heading back, or going to the Ring. If it was around 1630 going, 1930 finished for the day.

Left for Luxembourg to get a new set, My Friend Jon had got me a really good deal. Then headed for Pamplona, Spain. The Pyrenees Mountains are a really nice drive.

Too bad we didn't meet up, would have been really cool.

Later Don

Pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2010-2011_european_tour/sets/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.