Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oops!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stugray
I seem to recall a thread just last week where we all talked smack about a scumbag selling brakes and taking peoples money but that thread didnt get locked.

Did I call anyone names? Did I say anything that was not true? Did I violate ANY terms of use on this website?

BEWARE the RABY: pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Stu
rohar
Damnit, I thought it was just the engineers that didn't understand social graces. Thanks for educating me I think?
stugray
So are you suggesting that when an engineer reads two sets of instructions that contradict each other, he should just flip a coin, or maybe do some research?
Jake Raby
FYI my sponsorship ran out here a few months back and has not been renewed. Your assumption is totally off base. I'd say the thread was locked because we both aired our differences and nothing good was to come from the thread.

It is now even more clear that all you are concerned with is starting trouble.
billh1963
Well, I am an engineer as well (BSEE and MSEE) and I understand your frustration. However, I also know that many times specifications are wrong and you either need to rely on experience or use the experience of someone else.

I don't know Raby nor have I bought any products from him. He does seem to know his stuff when it somes to air cooled engines (you thought so, too, or you wouldn't have paid for his advice). Although the manufacturers instructions differed from Raby's, I believe that if I were buying Raby's parts I would follow his advice.

Good luck on your engine build! beer.gif

stugray
"all you are concerned with is starting trouble."

No I wanted you to address my comments which you conveniently tip-toed around.

You first tell me that the people that I spoke with have never used their pistons in a ACVW engine when IN FACT the people I talked to were Keith Black themselves AND the "vendor" that you purchase YOUR pistons from.
So they couldnt possibly know what they are talking about - right?
I asked "if they dot know anything why do you keep buying pistons from them".

I also posted the instructions and explanation for WHY you need to open the upper gap directly from the Keith Black website and you just dismiss that?

ALL I wanted from you was perhaps a "maybe I overreacted and deleted your thread".
When in fact all I see is a bully that doesnt want anyone questioning his "expertise".
stugray
I believe that if I were buying Raby's parts I would follow his advice.

I was fully prepared to follow his advice, but his response was one short sentence while the advice of the people who MAKE the pistons and the people WHO DESIGNED the Piston & cylinder set (NOT Jake RABY) gave me tons of information that contradicted Jake.

When I challenged Jake, he just took his ball and went home instead of giving any technical support of his opinion.
PeeGreen 914
Stu,

People who sponsor on here do not give money to the site. It all goes to charity and therefore gets then no benefits than any others. They just get to have a banner.

stugray
So would someone please explain why my thread got locked?
Did I violate any rules?
Was I overly confrontational?
Did I call anyone names?

Oh - it must be because I presented too many facts....

We can call the guy taking peoples $$ for brakes all kinds of bad things and even threaten bodily harm, but that thread is not locked?

Maybe it is my shining personality.

Oh wait it is my avatar - everyone here hates Ferrari.

And of course I know that as soon as sirandy sees this he will probably lock it too because it is off topic....
Jake Raby
Give it up. There is no tip toeing around. I told you what we do and how I came to the conclusions to do this, through direct experience and our own research.

Ask 10 builders that actually have their own brains the same question and you will receive 10 different answers and guess what, none of them would be wrong. Each builder applies their own characteristics to the engines they create, which is what gives the engine a personality that extends from the builder.

You received conflicting info. So what? You now have the info you need and instead of applying it you are just starting trouble. Hell, I suppose there is no such thing as bad press, since these threads started we have sold two sets of pistons through the store. Thanks for the stimulus.
Steve
IBTL
I think most of the admins have sixes and have little tolerance for people with hopped up four bangers!! Just kidding of course....
rohar
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 3 2012, 06:13 PM) *

I believe that if I were buying Raby's parts I would follow his advice.

I was fully prepared to follow his advice, but his response was one short sentence while the advice of the people who MAKE the pistons and the people WHO DESIGNED the Piston & cylinder set (NOT Jake RABY) gave me tons of information that contradicted Jake.

When I challenged Jake, he just took his ball and went home instead of giving any technical support of his opinion.

No, that's not what happened from my perspective. You started a thread on this forum, which is filled with AMAZING people, stating a problem. Jake was kind enough to explain why the confusion exists. The conversation continued in a less than productive manor and a modmin shut down the thread. Your response was to start another thread demonizing the guy that just explained why he did what he did. I'm not suggesting your poiint is wrong, but your aproach is less than adequate.

At the end of the day, we need to ask questions and LISTEN more than we hear. Again, from my perspective, you aren't.

We've got enough problems as a group. Do you really want to be involved in creating more? Listen to Jake and respond to him honestly with some patience. I don't know the guy and haven't done any business with hime but he sounds like a stand up bloke.

Flaming the hell out of him on a public forum probably won't get what you want.
stugray
You started a thread on this forum, which is filled with AMAZING people, stating a problem. Jake was kind enough to explain why the confusion exists.

Then you didnt read the entire thread.
I FIRST asked question on Jake Rabys "type IV forum" requesting information about the product that I JUST PURCHASED from him.

When I stated that I intended to use the advice given to me by the piston manufacturer Keith Black, he pretty much told me to get screwed and deleted the thread where I asked the question.

If he hadnt acted like a child on his forum, I would not have posted on here.
messix

Jake you seem to have a "D" personality and with that you need to work a little bit on understanding that others need a finer approach than your direct no frills answers.

Some people need the long story to why and not the "this is what we do".

Quit pissin' people off ass hole! Lol happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 3 2012, 05:53 PM) *

I seem to recall a thread just last week where we all talked smack about a scumbag selling brakes and taking peoples money but that thread didnt get locked.

Did I call anyone names? Did I say anything that was not true? Did I violate ANY terms of use on this website?

BEWARE the RABY: pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Stu

Oops!, Dont call out a 914world sponsor or your thread might get locked

Fuck you! If you think that had anything to do with it, you are an idiot.

This is your first and last warning, i'm not in the mood for this shit ...
KMA.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.