Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS calibration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dustin
I need to have my 2.0 MPS tested/calibrated. Where should I send it? Is there anybody around Los Angeles that does this?
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Dustin @ Jul 4 2012, 12:44 AM) *

I need to have my 2.0 MPS tested/calibrated. Where should I send it? Is there anybody around Los Angeles that does this?

Before you send it anywhere, buy a cheap vacuum pump at your FLAPS and check to see if it is holding vacuum.

If it isn't check Racer Chris' thread on the repair kit he is creating.

If it is check Racer Chris' thread on the repair kit he is creating as there is a good conversation going on how to best tune a MPS.

IME a MPS set to the factory specs is no guarantee that you car will run great.

Good luck!
walterolin
Paul Anders has an excellent article about calibration at: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/manif...htm#Calibration Curves
TheCabinetmaker
Hey Walter, Do you think its a good idea to advertise your address on the internet? I don't. Just saying....
walterolin
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 4 2012, 11:07 AM) *

Hey Walter, Do you think its a good idea to advertise your address on the internet? I don't. Just saying....

Certainly a good point, I've thought about this before. For me it probably doesn't really matter because I'm involved in a lot of things that bring up my name and address(es) immediately with a google search. For example K4NVQ.

Appreciate the comment.
Walter Olin
walterolin
QUOTE(walterolin @ Jul 4 2012, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 4 2012, 11:07 AM) *

Certainly a good point, I've thought about this before. For me it probably doesn't really matter because I'm involved in a lot of things that bring up my name and address(es) immediately with a google search. For example K4NVQ.

Appreciate the comment.
Walter Olin

Better now?
ape914
adjustment to factory specifications may not work as well as it could. if the engine has been modified (different displacement, valves, cam, etc....) the factory setting may not be optimal. Gasoline today is much leaner burning that it was back when these little cars were built (oxygenated fuels) folks with carbs, usually need to jump up a main jet size becuase of the new fuels. so a factory setting may not cut it for you.

your best bet would be to tune it on the car. you can install an air/fuel sensor (either permanent or a temporary borrowed one). this will allow you to hit the optimal mixure on yoru car, with your gasoline. you can also do it old school style and read the spark plugs after a test run (steady throttle at hiway speed, shut off ignition and coast to stop, then read the plugs).
Bleyseng
Using a LM-1 with a O2 sensor is really the only way to adjust the MPS as just turning the inner screw blindly doesn't cut it. Even a 1/8 of a turn can jump the mix from 14 to 1 to 12 to 1 so its best not to do that!
gunny

first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.