Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proper fuel pump...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hi Fellas...
Will the 0 580 960 009 fuel pump work on my 2.0 liter D-jet?
On the Samba it's listed as the pump for early 911's but it's a 3 port pump that looks exactly like the one on my 914. Or should I just get the 2 port generic Bosch?
Thanks,
Mike
MikeM
One of our senior members, Tom, says there is a Napa pump that some have been using. Does anyone have a part number, or advice on that pump?
Thanks,
Mike
SLITS
Using the search function:

Yes the Napa pump is N69133. This pump is used in a lot of different vehicles. Here is another 914world post that talks a bit about it.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...131436&st=0

Here is where I ordered mine.
http://www.dmauto.com/web/dmauto/Catalog/N...earch/-/n69133/

Its the same Napa Bosch in-line N69133 pump NAPA is selling. D&M is selling it for $34.44 plus shipping. From NY to So Cal shipping was $16.16 so $50.60 to my door. My only complaint about the vendor was I had no clue of shipping cost when I ordered. I had to wait till my confirmation/invoice to find out. I would definitely order again, just would call next time to order.

Also, there's a lot of chat about this pump being an in-tank pump. It is both an in-line and in-tank capable pump. Instructions in the box are about installation in-tank. This is also the same pump used in in-line systems. The confusion brings questions about it's effectiveness in-line but everyone who has used it has not had problems. I have yet to drive with it as mine is still on jackstands but under no load, it holds 29psi no problem. Everyone else drives with it just fine.

It is not an "in-tank" pump. I bought one
MikeM
Thanks for that. I just checked the D&M website and they list an in tank and an inline pump. Both are 100.00. Is that the same one...must be???
Mike
SLITS
when they first hit the market with them they were selling for $32 or there abouts.

I guess they all made an error or found out what they actually were worth and the price went up.

I would have to look at mine tomorrow. It's still in the box as I don't own a 4 cylinder anymore.
TheCabinetmaker
I bought two at the 34.00 price and three days later they were over 100.00
skaufmann
Yeah here's my original post where I got mine:
D&M Bosch Fuel Pump

Too bad they're now $100. Goes to show you how parts are priced... even the VW Type 3/4 FIs that fit the 1.7 are now inflating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.