914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal
Finished putting the Gotti rims together today, so they're special! flag.gif

8" rims in front, 11" rims in back.
no spacers.

8.7" bias ply slicks (21.5") going on the front
10.5" bias ply slicks (23.0") going on the back

Click to view attachment

I'd run 9" rims in the front if I could find an outer 3" barrel.

The tires will ratio out perfect with the weight balance. biggrin.gif

Compound will be like a Goodyear 165.

Getting some 11" flares for the back. Think I need them?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Was thinking I would run these at Hoopa, but will stay with my canti's for that event. Don't want to inject anything new to the handling package which is spot on, especially at a high speed event.
Trekkor
How exciting!
when will you mount the rubber?

Let me know if you a getting rid of the rivet on flares.

KT
SirAndy
Oh, that is purdy!
cheer.gif
URY914
WOW!

Good for you! beerchug.gif
ottox914
Awesome! More pics, with rubber please-

Should be a blast to drive.

naro914
Interesting that the bolt pattern is so different front to rear? I would have thought they would be the same through the centers...
are these 15" or 16"? I may have barrels for you, but the bolt patter wouldn't match.

No spacers on the rear? Wow...I have about a 2" spacer to fit my 12" rears...

Woody
Wow those are nice.
J P Stein
That wheel set will work out fine as frog hair. 8" fronts are about the max width a 914 AXer's front suspension can deal with.

Good luck with the new tires. I think they will be killer.....I know you'll keep us informed.

Now all you need is another complete set of each. blink.gif
Randal
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 5 2012, 04:31 AM) *

Interesting that the bolt pattern is so different front to rear? I would have thought they would be the same through the centers...
are these 15" or 16"? I may have barrels for you, but the bolt patter wouldn't match.

No spacers on the rear? Wow...I have about a 2" spacer to fit my 12" rears...

Well I don't think I'll need spacers, but I haven't had the slicks on the rims yet mounted on the car. Trying to eliminate spacers - especially on the front.

These are 15" rims. The front bolt pattern is 16 bolt, the backs are 32. I think the 16 bolt pattern are just earlier versions from Gotti.

Do you have a 3" 16 bolt outer barrel?

I have other barrels and centers, but not the right size for my project.

BTW all the bolts are torqued to 12lbs (mfg spec)which seems way low to me.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 5 2012, 09:58 AM) *

BTW all the bolts are torqued to 12lbs (mfg spec)which seems way low to me.

I use 14-14.5 on my 3 pc Keizer wheels, set with a small torque wrench.
Any more than that and its easy to snap a bolt if a wheel hits a curb or pothole.
grantsfo
They looks great! Didn't realize the rears would poke out so far. Those will be cone catchers. Anyway you can get them inboard more? How wide will the rear end be when you get tires on those beasts?
Randal
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 5 2012, 09:55 PM) *

They looks great! Didn't realize the rears would poke out so far. Those will be cone catchers. Anyway you can get them inboard more? How wide will the rear end be when you get tires on those beasts?

I could cut an inch off both wheels by changing the inner barrel, if I could find a couple. Need 32 bolt 5" inner barrels.

You are right, cone catcher she will be. Have to learn a new driving style(*), but that is pretty much SOP when you make any major modification to a car.

(*) Like being the rear driver in a hook and ladder. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Looking good... rears should stick pretty good... aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.