Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Hi there.
I'm new to this site and have a few NFG questions.

What are the BIGGEST tires I can put on my 914?
Should I use the round black ones or is there something better?
I can't get my pass door open. Should I use a crowbar?
I can see the road thru the bottom of my cockpit. Is this some kind of reverse convertible?

TIA
Gint
Hi JP Wish I coulda made your "Git Together". Sounds like it was a good time for all.

How 'bout shippin me some leftover BBQ?
Jeroen
Errr... JP,

Could you keep me posted if you find any answers to your questions?
Thanks!

Jeroen
J P Stein
Mike:
I tried jambing some BBQ thru this here slot in my puter tower. Did it come out on your end?
Jeroen
Oh, great JP...
Now, if this BBS quits working anytime soon, it's because of JP's BBQ leftovers got jammed on the server somewhere

Jeroen
brant
Mr. Stein,

although I consider myself far from an expert. If you'd care to email me off list I'm sure I could ramble on with some of the potential answers to your valuable questions.

brant
Curvie Roadlover
JP, you are probably looking at a '70 or 71 914 which didn't have opening passenger side doors. Cars made from 1972 and onward had opening doors, although opening doors can be retro-fitted to the early models. Check e-bay. There are often opening doors up for auction. Also, the reason you can see through the floor in the cockpit is because 914's come with removable targa bottoms that store in the rear trunk. Hope this helps,
Tom
Gint
"Mr. Stein"

Hehee, that's a good one...
drew365
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 30 2002, 11:00 AM)
Hi there.
I'm new to this site and have a few NFG questions.

What are the BIGGEST tires I can put on my 914?

J.P. IIRC you can put 205/45/15 on the right side and 245/45/15 on the left side. I hope this helps.
J P Stein
QUOTE(drew365 @ Dec 30 2002, 03:39 PM)
J.P. IIRC you can put 205/45/15 on the right side and 245/45/15 on the left side. I hope this helps.

OK, my springs are kinda shot. Will my skinny ass balance out the ride height?...or is that so's I can get the door open? blink.gif
Curvie Roadlover
JP,
I had this same ride height problem on my car. I relocated the battery to the floor on the drivers side about half way between the seat and the pedals. If that doesn't do it, try inflating the passenger side tires with helium.
Good Luck,
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.