Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT?- I'm on the board of directors..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Well, looks like I am on the Board of Directors for my SCCA region. Our current SOLO chairman (chairwoman) is pregnant and not sure once the little one is here if she will be able to help with the Solo program next season. Long story short, I opened my big mouth and now I am on the board. huh.gif

A few questions for those of you that AX. Does your region use any online pre-registration for AX events? If so what? We currently don't, but I think it would help speed things up. Also, we are either looking at some sort of PA system OR maybe a display board so you can hear / see your times at the end of each run. Any advice on what works better? I have only been to one other regions event (south Bend, IN) and they have a nice PA system and you are able to tune in on your radio also.

Lastly, any other things that your region does that you feel helps make things run smoothly?

Thanks!
mharrison
OOOH, I like the idea of being able to tune in on the radio. That would be SWEET!!!

Our region doesn't do on-line pre-registration, but I also think that would be a great idea.

Congratulations on your new position. I'm sure all of your region's AX'ers will appreciate your hard work!

-Matt
Dave-O
www.myautoevents.com

Uses pay-pal, really speeds up registration at the events.

David
Joseph Mills
Garold,

My region started using "www.myautoevents.com" this year. It saves a couple of people having to stay up half the night entering data. This next season there will no longer be any track-site registration available for the sole purpose of eliminating that time loss.

The autoevents interface is a little clunky, but it does seem to be the best way to go at this time.

After borrowing a large readout sign for a mid-div event, my region decided to purchase one for our AX events. Radio broadcast would be awesome. Do you have any more info on that?

We also hand out time slips after each run - everyone likes those.

Consider forming an AX Crew of 4 to 5 people to be the core officials - have special T-shirts made for them.
VegasRacer
The Las Vegas Region SCCA does offer online pre-registration. It seems to make things smoother and faster for everyone involved. We do have a P.A. system, but I don't know much about it. We use 1960's technology (dry markers and board) to display the times. We just bought a new timing system so I doubt we will be upgrading our method of posting results anytime in the near future.
dinomium
Bremerton Sports Car Club; NWPCA and NW SCCA all use the pre registartion... Meez likes it

When I can sneak the wife's Jetta away from her... happy11.gif
Part Pricer
Let's see...

Pre-registration
None of the groups that I run with does pre-registration. But, I like the idea. Too much time is wasted every event dealing with registration.

Timer Display
Every group that I run with has at least one of these. Some groups have two, one at the course exit and the other positioned so spectators can see it.

There are two different types that we use. A wired version that requires that you run sometimes long cables to them or wireless displays that can be positioned virtually anywhere on site. However, neither type is cheap. We bought a wired display this year and it cost upwards of $1,700.

PA System
Again, every group that I run with has a PA system. I don't know how you deal without one. IMO, this is a must have.

The ones that use an FM transmitter can be great. People get used to those very quickly. After a short while, you'll see people bringing boomboxes to events so that they can listen to announcements anywhere on the site. Beware, for a good quality product, these things are not cheap.

Good luck with your new position.
joes
Our region (Alabama)just started using wireless barcode reader with a small barcode printer. We first issue permanent numbers (barcodes) to our usuals. There is only one way into the AX site. First station, sign the waiver -next station gets the cash -next station reads barcode from regulars (at that point the computer auto registers) newbies are registered and issued a barcode sticker. We also have yearly tech cards which cuts down on tech time.
When you pull up to the line for your run the guy at start hits you with the barcode reader and you are entered in the computer software for your first run!!

Using this registeration is instant, no need for pre registering!!

This system has saved us a huge amount of time and cut down on screw ups. If anyone is interested in the the stuff we used let me know and I'll put you intouch with our SOLO II chair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.