Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Falken Azenis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Anyone have "experience" with with running these in the wet?

What will I be dealing with if I drive them in the rain?
Aaron Cox
i drove mine in the rain this week. they are ok in the rain, not optimum but okay. they handle great until you hit deep water- then they hydroplane easily....

they handle great and still stop fine when wet.

i "tested" them in an abondoned parking lot today..... they are predictable...i now know when they will break loose in the wet
seanery
it's not raining here!

not gonna either -lalalala i can't hear you lalala--- biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Thanks for that info AAron. I had NO data on them in the rain. I tested Kuhmo autoX tires in the rain this past sunday.. they also worked well as long as the puddles wherent too deep.

B
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 20 2004, 07:22 PM)
Thanks for that info AAron. I had NO data on them in the rain. I tested Kuhmo autoX tires in the rain this past sunday.. they also worked well as long as the puddles wherent too deep.

B

no prob..... my test session was "interesting" READ: having way too much fun
Brad Roberts
I have somebody (this evening actually) looking at tires right now. I only have one AutoX'er who has ran 95% of the events this year on Falkens with about 1000 miles of daily driving. His are well worn but still working VERY well. He is almost down to the treadbars. He was the first person to put them on a 914 that I'm aware of almost 2 years ago now (before the car was drivable)

I like them. They seem to last VERY well and perform on the AutoX course almost as well as the Kuhmo's.

B
Aaron Cox
and at half price biggrin.gif
grantsfo
I'm running Falkens on my 914 and my commute car. I think their grip is better than most street tires on damp roads as long as there isnt any standing water. They definitely are more prone to hydroplaning. I have felt them float a couple of times in deeper standing water. I have over 6000 street miles on these tires and really like them so far. They are very easy to live with on the street if you take it easy in heavy down pours.

I have heard horror stories about these tires, but I suspect problems stem from worn tires and inexpereinced drivers going too fast for conditions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.