Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Lugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
WHat is a good price to pay for steel lug nuts? I am just starting my search for 20 steel OPEN lug nuts.

I was told VW Buses used them also?

Cheers
Kerry
Brad Roberts
I would imagine you could find some free ones from people on this board.

I have found about 3 different lengths of steel lug nuts. The 914's used a longer one than the stock VW lugs.. However: The bus may have used the same length that the 914 used.

B
Gint
I bought a brand new set of 5 from Carquip for $10. Local for me, and I had to have them NOW to mount the steel spare after the moron side swiped me.
Aaron Cox
lugs, or lug nuts?
Brad Roberts
Ginter bought lug bolts for his 4cyl car.

If it is his 5 he is talking about.. he bought lug nuts.

I think he is referring to the silver 4 cyl car that was cherry.

B
Kerrys914
Thanks guys..
I am looking for steel lug nuts (maybe this is not the correct verbage) NOT lug bolts.

I have black closed lug nust now holding on my dials. I am adding adaptersa nd need to attach the adapters to the hubs with the small open lug nuts.

Cheers
Kerry
Gint
I was talking about steel, open lug nuts to mount the 5 lug steel spare wheel on the /6. My Fuchs had the closed alloy nuts that weren't deep enough to mount the spare.
JWest
I am looking for steel lug nuts (maybe this is not the correct verbage) NOT lug bolts

You're fine - you would think Brad would know the diference between a bolt and a nut blink.gif

Later VW buses and Vanagons had the nuts you want - late '70s to early 80's (at least) were 14mm - 5 stud 112mm pattern and used the ball seat nuts just like Porsche but they were steel and open ended.
Jeff Bonanno
ginter,

i have almost that exact body damage. can it just be pulled and bodyfilled?

Jeff
Gint
i have almost that exact body damage. can it just be pulled and bodyfilled?

Sure, but it depends on the end result you wish to achieve. In my case, the rust in the long under that quarter pretty much requires replacement of the entire thing with a solid piece. Unless your a masochist. I'm not. (altough that point can be argued) Check out the "rust"oration thread as listed in my sig. Your situation may be entirely different.
Jeff Bonanno
ginter,

woah... ok, i'll take a few ... days and read through that thread - lots of familiar territory there from the little i've done with mine thus far.

thanks,
Jeff
Brad Roberts
I was jacked up.. what a moron.. <<

Anyway..

Gint.. I had NO idea the car was hit..

B
Gint
Gint.. I had NO idea the car was hit..

Yup. Behind Lowe's. Dude was heading straight for me at 25+mph around the corner of the building looking at some senorita or something in the sunlight over his shoulder. I'm doing like 15mph in second gear. Trying to decide to stay in my lane and wonder if he'll see me and move, or go over to his lane and hope he doesn't correct at the last minute. I ended up moving over into his lane (avoiding a total head on collision) and he strafed the right rear quarter. No habla English. But he had insurance. I got $3500 towards the "rust"oration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.