TimT
well found this pic....
TimT
hey one of you admins please correct my typo.. should be "racing oriented"
Mueller
damn.... icon8.gif

who, what and where was this???
Aaron Cox
Holy S**T- are those bodily organs flying in the air?

sad but true about motorsports.....
dmenche914
Now that is gut wrenching.
TimT
dont have any idea who what where when, but one of the cars is a Honda or Honda powered
dinomium
That is Alex Zanardi driving the 66 car in Germany. He lost both legs.
TimT
wow the car is the 66... I guess a photo of the accident from a different angle
dinomium
Yeah Zanardi was exiting the pits and Tagliani hit him going full tilt... I don't remember the outcome of the post-wreck investigation. I know that Z is driving DTM and BMW as well as working with Ganassi racing.
Really does drive home how fast 200+ MPH is!
i love porsche
wow...so thats what Zanardi's accident looked like....man...well..on the good side, hes still racing!
ChrisFoley
That is a disturbing photo.
Its right up there with the video of the corner worker who got caught by a Champ car rear tire and flipped into the air like a rag doll.
nebreitling
if those dudes are both still alive, than those aren't body parts flying through the air? looks like someone's stomach icon8.gif

damn, that brings the message home...

n
Stutgart46
Alex Zanardi is one of the true gentlemen in the sport. Since this accident, I have never heard him complain. All you see is his brilliant smile. He reminds me that the sport is not full of prima-donna's.
He did come back last year to complete that race. They let him finish the laps that were left in a hand controlled CART car. He was extremely fast and the competition is lucky that he decided not to come back full time. Although, I do hear he is giving the guys in the BTC a run for their money.
maf914
Alex Zanardi was exiting the pits and was in the pit exit lane. He lost control under acceleration, the car crossed the grass and went across the racing lane perpendicular to the racing line. Alex Tagliani had no time to avoid him. His car's nose speared through the cockpit. CART's traveling medical staff were credited with saving Zanardi's life.

This crash happened the week after 9/11. For me it was a very sad time.
URY914
Thank Tim, I just got back from lunch. barf.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Oct 20 2004, 04:18 PM)
if those dudes are both still alive, than those aren't body parts flying through the air?  looks like someone's stomach  :sick:

n

agree.gif
Looks like a hand and intestines in the air. I'm impressed with our doctors today if these guys are both still alive.

Lausitzring 2001: the dramatic crash with Tagliani

http://digilander.libero.it/alexzanardifan/

(Pictures > Videoclips)

or

http://www.xs4all.nl/~idema/vw/cart_lausit...ing_zanardi.htm
dinomium
That is still SO hard to watch! I just remember feeling like you are watching something you know is going to end badly. Open wheel wrecks are bad!
maf914
Zanardi lost both legs as a result of the crash. From the account I read he lost a tremendous amount of blood. They applied tourniquets to his legs and began IV's immediately to restore fluids. I don't think Tagliani was hurt. He continues to drive Champ Cars today.
GTeener
sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.