Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weather stripping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
I am getting ready to order quite a bit of new rubber for my car. I have been looking at Pelican for most of it (will look to sammy for the rear targa seal). wink.gif

Any real life experience with this rubber from this supplier?

thanks
Korijo
yup, got all my door window seals from from 'em. all pieces made it...
Brad Roberts
The question is: did they FIT the car. Just make sure they are selling you OEM rubber. If the price is SMOKIN.. you can almost bet it is aftermarket JUNK.

B
azbill
I'll find out next week - will be install all new seals for the glass and top. It all looks like they will fit.
Root_Werks
I got the rear "Sammy Seal" - works great.

I also got the front targa seal, the long one from GPR. VERY good fit and quality. It was something like $150 shipped? Something like that. I have heard stories about seals pulling appart when you install/stretch them. This one didn't do that. Very good. Call GPR unless the Pelican one is the same supplier. wink.gif
mikerose
Got all mine from GPR also.
I priced out a bunch of seals I just replaced, Pellicans prices have gone up a lot lately...and they weren't competitive on some-I ended up getting door seals from GPR and light seals from Tweeks (which shocked me because I hate them!) and i got a few small items from pellican (wiper blades, new antenna)

Also, surprised as I placed an order from tweeks/mid america and pellican on the same day, both over the phone, and was told by both that all parts were in stock...this time the mid america parts came in in 1 week, the pellican order took 2.5 weeks...which really surprised me because I generally use pellican for most stuff...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.