914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
Saw this at american lemans and had drooling attack
ppickerell
more
ppickerell
missionary position
Targa
Hello Marry- Lou! wub.gif I love that mesh grill engine lid.
Mueller
Mueller's prediction(s) of the day:

Within the year we'll see:

Porsche buying these cars back from owners,

of the cars that do make to the track, we'll see pictures of them "balled" up more often than not

and last prediction....price of used C-GTs are going to drop

don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one, but they've got "issues"
Mike,

You talking about my GT2??

cool.gif
Mueller
naw...I think those will be okay, it's the Carrera GT owners that are going to suffer...purely speculation (with hopes of prices dropping and potential buyers being afraid so that I can afford one and deal with it's "problems", LOL)

how is your 914 coming along, work on it lately??
Britain Smith
Sweet
iiibdsiil
So who's doing the first Carrera GT brake conversion for their 914?
i love porsche
hehe..the discs are almost the size of our rims!
Britain Smith
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Oct 20 2004, 05:58 PM)
So who's doing the first Carrera GT brake conversion for their 914?

There is a guy on this board with PCCB brakes on his teener...it is a sweet project. It is a yellow car with 914RS emblem on the rear.

-Britain
iiibdsiil
PCCB?
Britain Smith
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Oct 20 2004, 08:11 PM)
PCCB?

Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes.
iiibdsiil
Is that the same as what is on the GT?

Or, better yet, I don't know what that is, would you care to explain?
McMark
Short answer, bad ass brakes. Long answer, porsche.com laugh.gif
bryanthompson
Silicon Carbi....    silicon ca...  Silicon carbide...

The TopGear guy is slightly annoying, but i thought that part was a little funny smile.gif
fiid
Mueller: What's up with the CGT??? They seem pretty awesome to me - I haven't heard of any problems in-particular...???
Jake Raby
A Real Carrera has 4 bevel gear driven cams, 8 sparkplugs and a pair of Sandcast Solex carbs.. Like this one
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/pics/ca...rera/index.html

This is just another Retro puke vehicle.....

I might not have busted their balls so bad if they hadn't robbed the name from an actual "Real car" to try and sell some of these.....Friggin thing even has a radiator!
ppickerell
This is just another Retro puke icon8.gif vehicle.....

I might not have busted their balls so bad if they hadn't robbed the name from an actual "Real car" to try and sell some of these.....Friggin thing even has a radiator!

Geez Jake, tell us what you really think laugh.gif ! I can tell you that it sure had an interesting exhaust note!
ppickerell
And if you can afford a $400,000 car you probably don't sweat the issues. <_<
Jake Raby
It just gets on my nerves when I see these new plastic cars trying to be sold with names from the old cars thatgot the car companies where they are today... All that while they won't support a damn thing that the Vintage guys care about..

VW was the first with the "Bug"... Then "Mini", etc, etc. None of these Retro cars have a damn thing in common with the "Root" vehicle that got the car the recognition anyway....Marketing bullshit 101!

Hell, even the Carrera GT badge don't look right!
ppickerell
Plastic or no, it's hard for me not to see this car as a culmination of many decades of racing history. The styling is unbelievable, the technology state of the art. If it in fact is the platform to launch a racing program then so be it. You should see the carbon fiber in the undercarriage.
Carrera916
clap56.gif

Aaah, thank you, Jake!

Now I feel better that someone else, other than just me is poking the name of "Carrera" being misused on other P models when it actually BELONGS to the 356! For those who dont know, it all started with the 550 at the Mexcio race and they won. So Porsche felt it was worth the reconization of their sucess by placing the Carrera name on the best of 356 that they have which I think is appropiate to start the marketing of their 4 cammers to the public.
It drives me crazy when Porsche PR jerks kept confusing the public with the Carrera nameplate as it slips into the 911 terriorty. Even the Carrera 6 (aka 906) sounds really cool but it really misrepresent the history of the name itself that originated with the 550.

Oh hell, they even fuck things up more when they say the Boxster looks like a 550....shit, it looks more like a RS60 to me than anything else....

BUT.....the car...CGT is awsome wub.gif ....the name??? I dunno.... confused24.gif
Jake Raby
Exactly...

Like I said, the car in the link I posted earlier is a real "Carrera GT"

BTW, it just sold two months ago for more than a new plastic version costs new and it was a 1959! But it did race at Lemans in 1960 :-)

It got some MassIVe attention whikle here at the shop... It's Carrera GT badge isn't fake..
Carrera916
You know.....

it would be hellva fun project to slip the 2.0L 4-cammer from the 904 and stuff it in the -6 GT....

it may be a lousy car to drive on the street but hell, once you rip her out on the open road, you might want to carry a roll of toliet paper with you......

FAST mutha! MDB2.gif
Jake Raby
It really would not like the gearing.... :-)

That 4 cammer has some tight ass gears! At 75MPH she turns 5000 RPM in 4th!

Power didn't come on till 6,000 hard....

Every time I took it up that high I remembered that I had just spent 10,000.00 on a set of pistons, cylinders and rods for that mutha..... WHEEW!
i love porsche
what i dont see...is if you hate the CGT for its name..you must hate all 911's from the 80s on..because they were deemed the Carrera. all these cars are an evolution,so of course theyre going to change...do you hate the fact that the 904 was called a Carrera GTS because it was plastic too? and it eventually had a flat 8 in it, for its latest form.

i say, if you have such a problem with the name carrera being used...just call it the 980
type47
nice pix! yeah, i'm looking for a carerra GT engine to drop in my teener! laugh.gif

..... after i sell my house and all by body parts for transplants......

Carerra GT to me is like Claudia Schiffer... unobtainium....
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 20 2004, 08:58 PM)

VW was the first with the "Bug"... Then "Mini", etc, etc. None of these Retro cars have a damn thing in common with the "Root" vehicle that got the car the recognition anyway....Marketing bullshit 101!

Root, hehe, hehe, you said Root. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.