Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summit point July 20-22 2012
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
patrick3000
Anyone going to Summit Point July 20-22 with PCA Potomac for DE?

I will be there with the GT:

IPB Image

Stop by and say hi

Regards

Karl
wndsrfr
QUOTE(patrick3000 @ Jul 8 2012, 04:41 AM) *

Anyone going to Summit Point July 20-22 with PCA Potomac for DE?

I will be there with the GT:

IPB Image

Stop by and say hi

Regards

Karl

just got back from 2 day trackdaze event at summit point. Epic heat track temp above 120 maybe 130.... front mount oil cooler kept oil temps below 220. Finally have oil pressure at idle even....nice. I'm planning on going to august pca event with potomac pca sorry I'll miss you.
patrick3000
[/quote]
just got back from 2 day trackdaze event at summit point. Epic heat track temp above 120 maybe 130.... front mount oil cooler kept oil temps below 220. Finally have oil pressure at idle even....nice. I'm planning on going to august pca event with potomac pca sorry I'll miss you.
[/quote]

How did you like the Trackdaze event and how does it stack up to PCA DE?
wndsrfr
How did you like the Trackdaze event and how does it stack up to PCA DE?
[/quote]

Excellent event well organized and very similar to PCA's. A bit less restrictive on passing in "yellow" solo, which is same as white solo in PCA in that passing was allowed anywhere on the course. Point-by's were enforced and generally promptly given and on day two I worked up enough awareness to give a couple in the turn 5,6,7 carrousel area and modify my line to the left then tuck in behind the faster car.
Data tags were rented at $20 for the event, so I got lap times--a first for me as PCA doesn't do them. I was running 1:37's at my best, 1:40's in traffic or with tires getting greasy in afternoon heat on Saturday--killer heat like 105F in the shade. Remember, my car is a 4.....2316 with good breathing & 911 brakes.
Classroom instruction was mandatory and a sticker was provided to gain entry to the track after each class session (2 per day). Classroom discussion focused on technique and was generally at a more advanced level than I've seen so far in PCA--lots of emphasis on using braking to set the car into turns.
Heat got to me near the end of the last session on Saturday, took me out of my zone & I went agricultural off of turn 10 into the gravel. Managed to not look at the wall, kept my attention focused down track & got the fishtailing monster to halt with both feet in in the grass right across from start/finish flagman. Went on around & came in for confessional & check for damage-- none at all!
Cost for Trackdaze is a little more than PCA--$400 for 2 day vs. generally $300 for PCA, but that's hardly a factor when the 100 octane is $8.85/gallon....
I'll do it again with them if there's not a PCA event on the calendar, but will prefer the PCA event with the group of friends I've made. Still, lots of fun with many different marques--had a good time with a couple of Lotus Elise's, Miatas, Mini's, bunch of Beemers, Subarus, couple of Vettes & even a huge AMG Mercedes slogging around on street tires.....great fun! Made my day when one of the other drivers asked..."that thing has a turbo, right?" Killed him to find out it's aircooled flat 4!!! lol-2.gif
MikeSpraggi
I'll be there with the school bus. Type47, you still going to make it?
00r101
I will be there but at the Friday at the track.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.