Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Engine Rebuild Shop in Dallas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pitr256
Anyone know of a good engine rebuild shop in Dallas area? I've had a 914-6 in the garage for a long (way too long) time and I'm about to drop the engine out to car to take to get fully rebuilt.

Looking for good local shop that will be able to do the complete rebuild and has experience with Porsche engines.

Thanks for any help.

Peter
Bruce Hinds
Is sims still in business???
pitr256
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jul 8 2012, 12:15 PM) *

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the tip but is that Sims Garage on the way to Seagoville? Couldn't find any other information about them. Any other hints?

Thanks,

Peter
IronHillRestorations
Are you talking about Zimm's? I don't know what his schedule is like now, but Wes at H & H in Plano is a stand up guy that knows air cooled Porsches, and 914's very well.
Grelber
Talk to Wes Hildreth in Plano. His shop is called H & H, and he's the local 914 Guru. Nearly all of us this side of the Trinity use him (and others on the "other" side as well). Just sitting in his shop on a Saturday, shooting the breeze is an experience.

Shoot me a PM if you want specifics.
aharder
Wes's phone number is 972-423-8526.

You could also call Dan @ DC Racing in Irving , 972-579-7440
http://dcracinganddevelopment.com/

beerchug.gif
pitr256
Thanks for everyone who's replied. I defintely give Wes a call to see what he can.

Many many thanks for the tip!

Best Regards,

Peter
sixaddict
Mayo performance (Ed) Euless ..
Not cheap but good...and good guy !
Good luck

QUOTE(pitr256 @ Jul 8 2012, 01:04 PM) *

Thanks for everyone who's replied. I defintely give Wes a call to see what he can.

Best Regards,

Peter

sixaddict
Used to be Zimm and Mayo but that was 100 years ago before "divorce"

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jul 8 2012, 05:47 PM) *

Mayo performance (Ed) Euless ..
Not cheap but good...and good guy !
Good luck

QUOTE(pitr256 @ Jul 8 2012, 01:04 PM) *

Best Regards,

Peter

02loftsmoor
Do you have some contact infromation for Mayo's Wes
jt914-6
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Jul 8 2012, 09:59 PM) *

Do you have some contact infromation for Mayo's Wes

Mayo Performance 817-540-4939...1521 Baccarac Court...Euless, Tx. 76040
The last contact info I have...Ed is a great mechanic and a great guy...He is a tech writer for Pano...
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(pitr256 @ Jul 8 2012, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jul 8 2012, 12:15 PM) *

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the tip but is that Sims Garage on the way to Seagoville? Couldn't find any other information about them. Any other hints?

Thanks,

Peter

It was Zimm's and I think at the time Ed Mayo was the guy. They did a 2.0 for me in about 1976? Webers cam milled heads what a great running motor.... Like the other guy said, "not cheap" and about the time I was done I'd read the origional article about the Z-28 SBC done by Don Gro*&%^ something or other in California.... which he did for about the same money I'd just stuck in my 2.0..... I said next time I'm going the V8.
Zimm's 2.0 was fun
My V8 is funner
But they do know their Porsches.
dknechtly
Ditto on H & H. He really knows his stuff and will do it right.
ClayPerrine
None of the three are cheap. All three will do it right. For a resto, go to Zims (one s). For performance mods, Mayo performance is great. But Ed Mayo is in SLC right now for parade. Wes is excellent,. All three are personal friends of mine.

And it was Zim and Mayo years ago. They split because Al Zim wanted to do.resto work, and Ed Mayo. wanted to do performance work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.