Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - FS - Porsche Type IV 1.7 (I think)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MikeSpraggi
SOLD - For sale - this is a Porsche 914 Type IV engine. I was told it was a 1.8 but I believe it's a 1.7. It probably has a "rebuild" case as there is no EA, EB or EC number on it. It needs a tune up and one of the oil return tubes probably needs to be replaced. I bought the car as a shell ... surprise! It had a running engine and the seller drove it down from Philly to deliver it. He said it ran well and didn't feel like a stock engine. Obviously needs to be cleaned up, but it is not oily. It is still fuel injected, no smoke from exhaust and no oil leaks. Sold as is. No compression test or leakdown done. Just need it out of the shop. For pickup in Edgewood, Md.. I have a video of it running and will share the link as soon as it is up on YT. $300 obo.

Hers's the link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibpm9QBJRSg

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914runnow
Hi there...A 1.7 with that brain and front engine bar arrangement...
also saw a MPS on the block..1.8z no MPS....
could be an early 'W' motor..
also the intakes are not correct nor the plenum....should have an oil bath air cleaner..
also that was the old style fan arrangement sooooo 70 71 72.....look below the
oil pour screw cap for the engine #....
have fun and happy hunting...
euro911
It could have 93mm cylinders. The first 914 I owned had barrels & pistons from 1.8L even though it was still set up as a 1.7L D-jet engine.
After +/- 40 years, anything could be in there ... don't know until you tear them apart confused24.gif
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(914runnow @ Jul 8 2012, 04:36 PM) *

Hi there...A 1.7 with that brain and front engine bar arrangement...
also saw a MPS on the block..1.8z no MPS....
could be an early 'W' motor..
also the intakes are not correct nor the plenum....should have an oil bath air cleaner..
also that was the old style fan arrangement sooooo 70 71 72.....look below the
oil pour screw cap for the engine #....
have fun and happy hunting...

Yea, my guess is that is was a 1.7 even though the PO said it was a 1.8. If you look at the video at 1:33, you can see the aftermarket air cleaner that comes with the engine. No engine # below the oil por screw cap.
jimkelly
on a W engine the number is here - see post #16

don't know where here is though - maybe near a cylinder??

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=186281&hl=
casey944
Mike, sent you a PM on dorki.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(casey944 @ Jul 10 2012, 06:39 AM) *

Mike, sent you a PM on dorki.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
MikeSpraggi
SOLD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.