Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever wonder how to tell the difference
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
Here's some pics:

Note area front latches mount to... the early one (left) has raised areas where the latches mount, and the late one (right) does not .
bondo
In the back, the early top has a smoother transition from the lingitudinal rib to the flat space where the rear latches mount. It's one smooth line from the top of the rib down to the flat area. Also, at the very back, the space behind the seal is hollow when looking from the inside.
Brad Roberts
Did you weigh them ?? I *think* one is lighter than the other.

B
bondo
On the late one, the rib slopes down a bit as it widens to the width of the rear latch mounting point, but then has a sudden step down to the level of the latch. At the rear the area behind the seal is solid instead of hollow.

There may be other differences, but these are the ones I noticed.
bondo
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 20 2004, 08:41 PM)
Did you weigh them ?? I *think* one is lighter than the other.

B

No, I didn't. The early one has to be lighter.. the late one is solid across the rear seal area, and is thicker across the front as you can see in the first pic. It looks like they just filled in the area between the raised parts to make it raised all the way across.
bondo
Anyone know what the year cutoff is between early and late? Or if they're interchangable between early and late cars?
morph
yes they do interchange
also the cut off was mid 73
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.