Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
p914
IPB Image
IPB Image

My 914 replacement. Most likely the convertible with all the horsies that it will allow.
Rich Bontempi
There is no replacing a 914! Nothing even comes close.
ppickerell
DON'T DO IT! chair.gif
p914
wink.gif The mustang, corvette and 914 have always been good rivals to each other. The difference of pure muscle and finesse offset each other pretty well. I'll probably just add the new mustang to the stable. The 2005 looks more like the 67s which I'm glad they reverted back to. I really like the souped up models that will have 450hp.
rick 918-S
No comparison. 4 seat family car to a 2 seat sports car. Now if you were comparing it to that GM plastic pig we'd atleast have the correct number of seats. lol2.gif
ppickerell
I don't particularly like Vettes either, but they sure kicked some pcar ass at Laguna Seca last weekend.
anthony
This is the one you want:

IPB Image

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub...ustang_gt_500e/
Mueller
this is the one you want:

classic car meets "rice" smile.gif icon8.gif

I have nothing against 'stangs, I've had a '67 (built a 429 for it), a '73 Mach I with 351 Cleveland and last one a fully built early 5.0 (did my 1st 4 lug to 5 lug conversion on that car, LOL)
anthony
I wouldn't call Eleanor "rice". Check out the Rides "Eleanor" episode. It's a pretty impressive build up ... for a Mustang. :-)
bondo
67 mustang is definitely the way to go. I have a 67 fastback, and I looove it. Add a big sway bar and a set of camber correcting A arms and man, it surprises me how fast it can turn a corner every time. I'd say it comes close to out handling my 914 (the one that runs) mainly because the 914 doesn't have sway bars. The fastback does surprisingly well with some upgrades considering it wasn't really meant to go around corners.
dinomium
I dunno guys... lotta power, new suspention and I bet the heater doesn't smell like oil...
and it LOOKS SO EFFEN HOT!!! I want one! Now if Jag would build that lil sex pot car... idea.gif
scruz914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 20 2004, 10:05 PM)
....4 seat family car to a 2 seat sports car.

Have you ever tried to sit in the back seat of a Mustang? They are more like 2 seaters with luggage space in the back.
mikerose
A real 67 GT. I had this one in high school way to fast for a 17 year old biggrin.gif
p914
QUOTE(anthony @ Oct 20 2004, 09:28 PM)

I like that one. I really like the GT 500 KR. High school days remind me of my friend that had a GT 500 convert. We would drive to school everyday in. Great times. Light rear end that would fish everywhere at the lightest touch. The new ones have at least 10 types that will be souped up. Look through that bradbarnett site and you'll find the saleen, steeda. interceptor and more. All with different configs and engine sizes.

I'm glad to see the old look come back.
i love porsche
05 mustang is really nice! it has a great feeling interior too, ive sat in it...and i think this is the best looking mustang since 74!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.