Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtb roller in florida
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
david alex labree
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a roller. Turns out the frame rail behind the rear firewall on the passenger side is rusted out, and in looking for the part, I thoughtmimshould just pick up another car. Looking for really just the frame but whatever you have I'd be interested.
Thanks!
david alex labree
Please if you can, email me at dalabree@verizon.net
billh1963
That is a common issue. Many threads in these forums show those repairs being made. Several firms sell the parts to repair that area. Unless your car is bent in half, it can be repaired.

Virtually very 914 (including "rust free" Califormia cars) have some amount of rust.

Post pictures of the problem area in the "Garage" forum and get some opinions on repair options.
david alex labree
At this point I figure I'd go with another roller because this one has been badly welded. The guy before me reeled the frame, bondoed the outside and rewelded a quarter panel and bondoed over it. It was front ended then covered up with the bumper. I figured I'd go with it since the frame didn't seem too bad...until I began digging deeper! The frame rail on auto Atlanta is 3k...and I can repair what isn't there anymore...I'll post pics on the project section, but it's bad.
david alex labree
The motor mount and the frame rail behind the firewall is completely rotted out. If I can find a frame piece to replace it that's not in the thousands, I'll gladly go that route.
billh1963
If it's that bad, a new roller is the way to go!
david alex labree
Yep! So I'm looking!
billh1963
There are several posted here. Although, you may need to travel
carr914
welcome.png

Look on our Local Craiglist, there is a Guy selling 2 914s
URY914
Welcome to the Tampa Bay 914 Group. beerchug.gif
david alex labree
Thanks URY smile.gif I actually found a few people selling some. Ive been going back and forth in my head about if I wanted to take parts off of one or get a roller and put everything on it etc etc..but Ill have to figure it out when I go to see some of those out there!
Mr.242
On Ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item2c66980f99
david alex labree
Thank you all for your help, there are some nice ones out there however, I think I will be seeing about saving my ugly beat up one for now, another sent me a link to a place with frame parts that I can get for a respectable price.
Thanks!
David
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 10 2012, 12:44 AM) *

Someone should jump on that. I wish I had waited longer and not sunk the money I did into my POS. That car is far more complete than mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.