Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump swap, no + juice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
broomhandle
Went from FI to single carb. Swapped the FI pump to low p pump. Did the little wire to trick the relay board. It's grounded.

I have a negative but no positive.

I'm going mad....

What happened? I'm out of ideas....

McMark
Check the fuse on the relay board.
broomhandle
they are not broken, just maybe a little old.
McMark
Then check your fuel pump relay.
Tom
For the fuel pump relay to operate, the power relay has to be good also. Both of these get their power from the two 2.5mm red wires from the battery positive. They go to pins 12 and 14 on the 14 pin connector. If you have power at the two pins and none at pin 13 ( this pin feeds the fuel pump), with key to on and pin 86 of the fuel pump relay grounded, one of the relays or connections at the relays is bad. Clean the sockets and prongs of both relays and spread the prongs slightly.
Tom
broomhandle
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 10 2012, 12:15 PM) *

Then check your fuel pump relay.

crap, how would i check that?

sucks becasue all i did was swap them out, fairys come in and break things i swear...
broomhandle
QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 10 2012, 12:25 PM) *

For the fuel pump relay to operate, the power relay has to be good also. Both of these get their power from the two 2.5mm red wires from the battery positive. They go to pins 12 and 14 on the 14 pin connector. If you have power at the two pins and none at pin 13 ( this pin feeds the fuel pump), with key to on and pin 86 of the fuel pump relay grounded, one of the relays or connections at the relays is bad. Clean the sockets and prongs of both relays and spread the prongs slightly.
Tom

cool, ill check that out....
rhodyguy
the headlight relays are the same as the one for the fuel pump. take a known good one from the trunk for a quick check. where are you pulling the power from to run the pump?

k
broomhandle
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 10 2012, 01:45 PM) *

the headlight relays are the same as the one for the fuel pump. take a known good one from the trunk for a quick check. where are you pulling the power from to run the pump?

k

headlights work. i cut the funky fuel pump conector off, and wired it to my new fuel pump.

brown is neg, and black/red is positive....

broomhandle
I just wanted to say thanks to you guys, i have fuel.

it was a relay. i thought, just pull it and look at it. brand new contacts, and thought what the hell? "made in china". i pulled a 50 year old one made in germany from my other car...... fuel.

what ever..... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.