Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a HUGE favor in Eastern Washington
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt Meyer
Anyone in Eastern Washington (state), preferably in the Tri-Cities area, willing to loan me a stock driver’s side seat for my daughter’s wedding July 21st. They are really easy to remove and replace.

My mother-in-law is reupholstering my seats and the status has been: “the driver’s seat should be done tomorrow” for a few days. Both of her sewing machines are down at the moment….

I have absolute confidence my mother-in-law will produce for me a fine driver’s seat for the wedding. But my daughter’s wedding is too important. (Yes I procrastinated until the last minute getting the car on the road making me a hypocrite) I think it is time to start a contingency plan.

The driver’s seat is torn apart to make a pattern so I have only a shell at the moment. The passenger seat was in really good condition and has not been taken apart yet, so I am thinking I’m just going to reinstall it for the time being. It is the ‘75 basket weave. I will probably just go down and buy cheap black seat covers for the day because the seats will not match. Maybe I’ll leave it unmatched, the car, including the exterior is really, really rough. I’ll just claim I like the look of a lot of patina.

The “new” seats are being done in “MacLeod of Lewis” tartan which my wife got for me before the original fashion plaid was available again.

Thank you all in advance.
biggy72
If I were closer I'd help you out. I'm using my 914 as the getaway vehicle on August 4th, but I've got some work to do before then so it looks nice in the pictures...
76-914
Check with JRust, didn't he just buy about 20 seats?
Loser_Cruiser
Matt, I'll pm you my number, I used to live in Kennewick and I am headed that way this weekend. Pretty sure I have a relatively decent seat at my parents house there you can borrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.