Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Brad, Question for you
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Have you done a Boxster engine and trans or even just a Boxster engine conversion into a 914? I was just curious if you could do something like that?
Brad Roberts
I have one in progress right now. *might* be running by Jan/Feb. The owner doesnt have much time for me to work on it right now (it is at his house). We are building a mockup rear clip because the inner ears for the control arms need to be cut off and moved outwards. We didnt want to do this on his freshly painted flared tub until I practiced on a doaner clip.

B
Brad Roberts
OH. The plan is to use the Boxster rear suspension (we already have it) and the measurements/drawings have been done.

B
Aaron Cox
look in the "members pics thread" - look for a pic of the red 914 photoshopped into a lemans pic. tha guy has a boxter trans in his car with a 3.2
Jeroen
The red car with the Boxster g-box mentioned above has a 3.2 aircooled engine, not a 3.2 watercooled/Boxster S engine
skline
Interesting, I would like to see pictures of that one if possible. Maybe you could even bring it down to the WCC05? More history in the making.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 21 2004, 09:09 AM)
The red car with the Boxster g-box mentioned above has a 3.2 aircooled engine, not a 3.2 watercooled/Boxster S engine

yeah, TRANNY is from boxter, 3.2 from a 911
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.