Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsches to Ohio July 27-29th -Photos Up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rnellums
I wanted to see if anyone on here was thinking about attending. It doesn't look to far for me...
Click to view attachment
racingivan
I am 10 hr away and I am thinking about it

Ivan
rnellums
I registered yesterday. I'll be there as long as I don't have to fly to Texas that weekend for work. and if I can get my car back together. The engine is sitting on a stand as we speak.
porsche_dreamer
I would go, but since the moved it to Granville from Oxford I wont be going. Just to far for me in the small amount of time I have free. If Anyone goes PLEASE take pictures and post them.
rnellums
QUOTE(porsche_dreamer @ Jul 16 2012, 06:38 PM) *

I would go, but since the moved it to Granville from Oxford I wont be going. Just to far for me in the small amount of time I have free. If Anyone goes PLEASE take pictures and post them.

You sure? If driving is an issue you can hitch a ride with me.
bigkensteele
I might try to go. I am only an hour away, but my car needs a few hours of work before I would feel comfortable making the drive. Worst case, I suppose I could drive up with the fam in one of the non-P-cars.

Edit: Nevermind - I just saw that they moved it to up near Columbus. Not going to make that drive.
dflesburg
since the moved it to Granville from Oxford I wont be going. Just to far for me in the small amount of time I have free.

Flesburgs and our 4 or 5 or 10 cars also will not be there. Maybe if it comes back to Oxford next year...
rnellums
icon_bump.gif

I'm leaving Lafayette tomorrow at around 2 PM. Anyone who is going and would like to hang out, pm me with your phone number. I'll see if I can get some other 914 VIN's saturday too.

-Ross
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 26 2012, 04:37 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

I'm leaving Lafayette tomorrow at around 2 PM. Anyone who is going and would like to hang out, pm me with your phone number. I'll see if I can get some other 914 VIN's saturday too.

-Ross

Ross,
Ill be there Saturday for the show. I look forward to meeting with you.

Thomas
rnellums
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jul 26 2012, 05:24 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

-Ross

Ross,

Thomas

Well technically we have already met... at our little sawzall party last year. But it will be fun to hang out! Plus you haven't seen Calypso yet. Pm sent with my number.
tscrihfield
Yeah,
Meant to say meeting up with you. As much as I hate that the black car has died, the new ones are really nice pieces.

Look forward to the weekend and replied to your PM

Thomas

QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 26 2012, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jul 26 2012, 05:24 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

-Ross

Ross,

Thomas

Well technically we have already met... at our little sawzall party last year. But it will be fun to hang out! Plus you haven't seen Calypso yet. Pm sent with my number.

TurbOH Brad
My girlfriend and I are headed down for Saturday. If you see a tall goofy idiot with a crooked-footed Basset Hound on a leash, come say hi.

I'll be wearing a black Porsche hat, and a black 944Fest t-shirt.
rnellums
QUOTE(TurbOH Brad @ Jul 27 2012, 11:46 AM) *

My girlfriend and I are headed down for Saturday. If you see a tall goofy idiot with a crooked-footed Basset Hound on a leash, come say hi.

I'll be wearing a black Porsche hat, and a black 944Fest t-shirt.

I'll be wandering around in a dark blue 914 shirt taking pictures of all the 914's I can find, I hope I find you.

As a side note, I was thinking about grabbing some Vin's for the VIN database, Should I ask the owner's permission before taking that info down?

I'll be Leaving Lafayette in about an hour to start the trip. I've only put 60 miles on the car since I put the engine back in. Wish me Luck!
rnellums
Some photos. I realized that I didn't take nearly enough pictures during the event. dry.gif
rnellums
more
rnellums
more
rnellums
more
rnellums
Out of a field of over 400 cars there were three 914's in the top 50. Since there were only about 8 914's in the show, I think it gives 914's the best win loss record, with perhaps the exception of the 356... biggrin.gif The drive Sunday was a blast. I won a coffee mug with my pair of 2's from the poker run. I got a ton of complements and some cool stories about all the guys who had one or wish they still did. And I only heard one guy mutter "Its not a real Porsche" before stalking away.
johannes
Nice pictures ! Thank you for sharing. If only I didn' live so far ...
billh1963
Great pictures!
tscrihfield
I snapped a few with the ok IPhone... Same here though not nearly enough!

IPB Image
IPB Image
One of my personal favs!
IPB Image
IPB Image
Loved his front airdam! He said a guy in Cali builds me out of his garage... Wish I knew where! I'd own a few!

Thomas
jfort
I, too, spoke with the owner of the black six. He is Frank Gregg from Hendersonville NC. Very nice car. I own the gray, flaired six in the photos and I, too, (as you can see) need that front spoiler. Frank said he would try to get the contact information for the maker in California. Any body on here know who that is?
rnellums
QUOTE(jfort @ Jul 30 2012, 06:55 PM) *

I, too, spoke with the owner of the black six. He is Frank Gregg from Hendersonville NC. Very nice car. I own the gray, flaired six in the photos and I, too, (as you can see) need that front spoiler. Frank said he would try to get the contact information for the maker in California. Any body on here know who that is?

Congrats on your award!
Black22
Great pictures...but does no one there like tire dressing? A lot of those cars would look perfect with a little tire shine detail.

My favorite was grey wide body 914 and the grey 911 Targa.
jfort
award?
rnellums
QUOTE(jfort @ Aug 1 2012, 06:42 PM) *

award?

Your car won a top 50 award if I remember correctly.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 1 2012, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(jfort @ Aug 1 2012, 06:42 PM) *

award?

Your car won a top 50 award if I remember correctly.

Yes it did! He was not present to receive it. He had already left. sad.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(jfort @ Jul 30 2012, 06:55 PM) *

I second this call out! Someone has to know something about these!
Drums66
.....Gorgeous, stable of * Porsche* cars thankyou bro for sharing!!
(personal Fav, the black 6)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.