Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOW Sartoga top went for $1825 plus $125 to ship it !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
Never thought these would be so valuable ! impressive bidding !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221061618007?ssPag...984.m1423.l2649
Cap'n Krusty
So, why won't it fit a 1976?

The Cap'n
reharvey
Wow! I'm putting mine away to fund my retirement.
Vysoc
I got a Saratoga top with my first 1975 914 purchase as an extra top, the PO did not want to part with it but did. I put it up for sale and David Seeland the Panorama Tech guy for 356's agreed to a price of like 6 or 7 hundred, I thought that was great money. I took a couple of hours and made a custom package for it, had my UPS Guy and his Supervisor approve the box and it was on its way to Colorado from Florida.
He receives it and tells me there is a seven inch crack across the opening by the drivers side. Further investigation showed the forklift tire marks that ran it over on its way. Thanks alot UPS...What can BROWN do for you?
I insured it for $800.00 and I was paid but what a waste of a great piece at the expense of the buyer questioning me, luckily I had photo's taken 2 weeks earlier for him and proved it was in good shape.

Vysoc flag.gif
rnellums
I just dont understand that. Mikey's had a better fit and is 1/3rd the price...
TJB/914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 12 2012, 08:42 AM) *

I just dont understand that. Mikey's had a better fit and is 1/3rd the price...

Yes, but they are not real Saratoga tops. CW's must have originals.

BTW: I don't like my Saratoga Top & it's time to let it go. Look for my listing in a few weeks along with a Pr. of mint 2.0 liter heads, frt. & rear bumpers, etc. etc. I need to clean out the stash.
Tom
reharvey
It's true that they have a terrible fit and will never seal out the wind or rain. Marks I'm sure are much better quaility. Ray
Mikey914
Kind of funny,
Maybe I should list one on Ebay off the run I'm doing to see how much it will fetch.

Yes, there is a market for these in that range, I choose to make mine more affordable. The seals on the "originals" don't really fit right and the fiberglass section on the fronts seem to delaminate. Take a good look at the blocks that are used to secure the rear. They are just that, blocks glued to the acrylic that also delaminate.

Still the condition of the roof for that vintage looks good. Maybe a score for "storage hunters " biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.