Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Silver Paint Codes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
I saw a 550 (real) years ago in silver that seamed to have a gold tint or flake deep in the paint. It was silver, but when you looked deep into the color you could see the gold, very cool.

Silvers are like whites, too many shades to contemplate. I am looking for some suggestions, Porsche racing silver is on my mind, but with two part systems and metallics, I know there are some great possibilities.
andys
I used Porsche GT Silber (silver). It has a tint of black to it.

Andys
wndsnd
QUOTE(andys @ Jul 12 2012, 03:45 PM) *

Andys

Nice Car, thats going to look good.. Do you know the code? I am going to start a selection process...
andys
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 12 2012, 12:49 PM) *

Andys

Nice Car, thats going to look good.. Do you know the code? I am going to start a selection process...

I'll get you the exact PPG code tomorrow. In the mean time, the attached list are candidate silvers I considered at the time. The color chips in that WORD document are not at all an accurate depiction, however you can check them out for yourself if you wish. Best to find the car and have a look.

Andys

wndsnd
QUOTE(andys @ Jul 12 2012, 04:11 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jul 12 2012, 12:49 PM) *

Andys

I'll get you the exact PPG code tomorrow. In the mean time, the attached list are candidate silvers I considered at the time. The color chips in that WORD document are not at all an accurate depiction, however you can check them out for yourself if you wish. Best to find the car and have a look.

Andys

Thanks Andy, I had no luck downloading that file, can you email it to me at jbnb@comcast.net?

Thanks Again
John B.
scotty b
Porsche diamond silver. code = L97A

pictures really don't do it justice, this color has almost NO pigment meaning it is about 95% solid flake. It's blinding in the sun sunglasses.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 12 2012, 06:05 PM) *

Porsche diamond silver. code = L97A

pictures really don't do it justice, this color has almost NO pigment meaning it is about 95% solid flake. It's blinding in the sun sunglasses.gif

Awesome, wish I was closer to take a look....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.