Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fair price for a valence?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Hi guys,
Trying to nab a rear valence off of a local car and trying to haggle the guy down. Its in OK shape, surface rust and will need work to be purty. I showed the guy some of the ads on ebay at the moment and he said that its worth well over $150. I said "those are NOS parts." Waiting to hear his response, but I think I might have pissed him off, heehee. I'm not trying to scam him, but for such a small piece of tin (its a later style, not a snowplow) I'm thinking of somewhere around $50? With the work I need to do to it, I think this is fair. Thoughts? I'll post a picture in a bit.
nathansnathan
Jeff Bowlesby's page on nla pricing guide says there was a nos sold at $150. At the top he gives estimates on what various condition pieces would be worth by percentages. -This is probably as official as it gets from what I've seen for values of 914 parts. So driver condition, 60% of $150 or $90.

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/NLAParts.htm
Vysoc
Offer him $75,at the most, but you have to work the valence to get it right so state your case. confused24.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
ThePaintedMan
Thanks guys, this is almost exactly what I said. Plus I'm pulling it off of the car. I told him I wasn't in a hurry and to get back to me when he was ready to get rid of it. I'm not going a dime over 75, but shooting more for 50-60.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I'd send you one for free if shipping wasn't such a pain. They are a dime a dozen on parts cars. $50 sounds very fair.
underthetire
I've got a real nice one, and even a good front one. Id sell both for 150 !
Ya, shipping these can be a PIA.
ThePaintedMan
Thanks for the generous offers guys. If it weren't for shipping, I'd be glad to buy it from any of you instead. Its weird that they're a dime a dozen for you all, since finding a parts car in Florida is a chore in itself.
bembry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 12 2012, 02:18 PM) *

I'd send you one for free if shipping wasn't such a pain. They are a dime a dozen on parts cars. $50 sounds very fair.

This^^^^

Now a decent front one is another story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.