Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: time attack tuesdays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrbubblehead
there is a go cart track in riverside that has time attacks.

i was just wondering if any of you guys in the so cal area would be interested in meeting up for a time attack night.

even though there are multiple cars on the track, its not wheel to wheel racing. its racing against the clock.

me and another teener friend are going tues night the 24th. chime in if your interested. if we can get enuff of us i was thinking maybe we could make it a monthly event.....like every 2nd tues or something.

heres the link.... http://www.adamsmotorsportspark.com/racing/time-attackgrip/
silver74insocal
aww man wish i was closer, i would have to drive the car through some pretty gnarly traffic to make it there
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Jul 12 2012, 06:01 PM) *

aww man wish i was closer, i would have to drive the car through some pretty gnarly traffic to make it there

it would be cool to see you out there... even if it was only for the last session. i have only been there once. and that was just to check it out. my buddy has a 914/6 race car and has been there numerous times.

my car is finally to the point were im pretty confident i could run it and not have to walk home. LOL
'73-914kid
I've been out there a few times during the school year when it's only a 30 minutes drive from school. Riverslime is just too far from me for a 25 minute session..
yeahmag
Never been there, but I here it's pretty dangerous for a car. I plan on taking my co-driven 125cc TAG there though.
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jul 13 2012, 12:09 PM) *

Never been there, but I here it's pretty dangerous for a car. I plan on taking my co-driven 125cc TAG there though.

dangerous? what do you mean?
yeahmag
Things to hit and lot's of yahoo's on the track. It is after all a kart track... Just what I've heard through people I trust and race with. Not witnessed first hand.
nineonefoursix
Many do not know that the track there was widened several years ago, and remember it as only a cart track. I was there for the first time attack night, and about half a dozen times since. There is no more danger there than any other autocross, unless you are refering to the drift night there, that is as dangerous as any drift event.
I run a 914-6 there and cannot afford to replace it, and would not go if it was unsafe. other people bring there lotus, ferrari's ect.

mrbubblehead
QUOTE(nineonefoursix @ Jul 18 2012, 02:52 PM) *

Many do not know that the track there was widened several years ago, and remember it as only a cart track. I was there for the first time attack night, and about half a dozen times since. There is no more danger there than any other autocross, unless you are refering to the drift night there, that is as dangerous as any drift event.
I run a 914-6 there and cannot afford to replace it, and would not go if it was unsafe. other people bring there lotus, ferrari's ect.

cool, so does that mean your going next tuesday?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.