Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eastbound Again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
ok, preliminary, subject to change, Not For Navigation, all that...

i pick another edition of the Very Large Truck (hopefully, one in better repair than the previous edition...) the morning of May 21. i spend the 21st hauling the stripped shells of two VW's to the scrapyard on the trailer, stuff to the dump, and return to load the /6 into the belly of the beast, surrounding it with boxes of semi-rigid stuff like books to keep it from moving. light/soft stuff will get piled on top, to the ceiling of the truck (not to worry, the front truck lid, rear trunk lid, and windscreen hoop are already scheduled for replacement due to rollover damage...).

the 22nd we load everything else into the truck and the 356 onto the trailer. since the realtor lady is talking about quick sale for essentially cash, we definitely have to plan to get EVERYTHING out on this trip, and the resultant need for Very Efficient Packing has me thinking we should allow 2 days for this. we might luck out, but i'm not holding my breath, since the consequences of everything not fitting are expensive and horrible to contemplate...

so - probably - we load the cat and daily-use necessities into the Subaru and head out of NV forever on the morning of Saturday the 24th, headed for Salt Lake City UT via I-80 where we have a RON stop planned with friends. off we go again the morning of Sunday the 25 headed for Denver and Mike Ginter's house, who has for some reason graciously offered to put us up for the night again.

if we can maintain that pace, it's Omaha, NE for the night of the 26 (yes, i know it's Memorial Day... is there some reason this wouldbe a special problem in Omaha or Lincoln, NE ?). then Chicago-ish the night of the 27, and something like DuBois, PA the night of the 28, and "home" some time on the 29th.

"home" gets quotes because we have not, as yet, finalised a place to stay upon our arrival in PA. calling a bunch of places with rent-a-houses is my big task for tomorrow ...

once we're back there the hard work begins, but it will be New and Different and we will be eneergised by the challenge :-) ...
SirAndy
good luck with the move!
we'll miss you over here on this side of the US ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
Good luck Rich.

I hope everything goes smoother this time.

B
Lawrence
Drive safe, Rich.

Are you coming through Kansas again?

-Rusty
Gint
I just hope he doesn't roll in in the middle of the Indy 500. JK Rich. That's what the Tivo box is for.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 13 2003, 04:10 AM)
Are you coming through Kansas again?

I-80 this time. Nebraska.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ginter @ May 13 2003, 06:07 AM)
I just hope he doesn't roll in in the middle of the Indy 500.

too bad for me, the plan is we'll be on the road most of the daylight hours so that shouldn't be a factor. if we are able to roll a day early, it will be your grim task to shove us out of the house before the race starts or we'll be there all day !
Gint
QUOTE (ginter @ May 13 2003, 06:07 AM)
I just hope he doesn't roll in in the middle of the Indy 500.  

too bad for me, the plan is we'll be on the road most of the daylight hours so that shouldn't be a factor. if we are able to roll a day early, it will be your grim task to shove us out of the house before the race starts or we'll be there all day !

You're welcome to hang out and watch the race if you have the time.
scottb
welcome to the "right" coast!

i am a transplanted colorado boy and find it to be pretty hip. the folks aren't nearly as mean as the rumors!

lots to check out. have fun!
vortrex
hopefully you don't get the welcoming to PA that I got last night. someone from the neighborhood decided to stop by late last night as I was sleeping. the only problem is he had climbed the building to the 2nd story, got onto my deck (which is off the bedroom), and then tried breaking in through my bedroom window. my head was like 3 ft from where he was. I didn't even wake up until cops were swarming the place! the person above me saw the guy and called the building owner who then called 911.

which brings me to another topic. any judges, lawyers, police officers on here? all my guns are still in CA and the AK-47 in MI, but what is the rule for shooting someone these days? looks like I might need to find out the right way to protect myself. will I go to jail if I kill a guy who has entered my home??

let the target practice begin... biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
If you shoot him.. he will sue you and win.

Good story. Makes Marin county look pretty good.

I would wait for them to get in and shoot them in the leg/arm/ass

B
vortrex
my friends in MI took the CCW class and they teach you to:

1. scream "leave, I have a gun".

2. give them time to run away

3. shoot to kill if they enter the house.

I will do some more reasearch online tonight to see what I can find.

there is no comparison between SF and philly crime wise, this is a dangerous place for sure. I couldn't find an uncomfortable place to walk in SF at night if I tried. I've already been to places in philly mid-day where I felt totally unsafe.
jonwatts
Shoot to kill and place one of your unregistered guns in his hand.

At least that's how they used to do it. Who knows with today's forensics if stuff like that still works.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jonwatts @ May 13 2003, 03:05 PM)
At least that's how they used to do it. Who knows with today's forensics if stuff like that still works.

sure works. just go to bed with your rubber gloves on, in case you need to get up in a hurry, you know.
and your girl-friend will like those gloves too, trust me ... cool.gif
Lawrence
I took the class for Permit to Carry Concealed in Iowa.

If someone is entering your home, and you shoot them: Shoot to kill, and make sure the body falls INSIDE.

Whatever the legal advice - don't draw a gun unless you're fully prepared to use it to kill. Shoot to kill first... then fire the warning shot. That way, witnesses will hear two shots to back your story.

-Rusty
vortrex
excellent advice about the warning shot!
Brad Roberts
Damn.. LB that is REAL good info. I never thought about the 2 shots.

I have a whole new reason to speak with my wife tonight.

Man.. what else can you tell us ??

B
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 13 2003, 02:00 PM)

I would wait for them to get in and shoot them in the leg/arm/ass

B

Is this the proper order to shoot them, Brad? Leg, arm, ass?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.