Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bumper rechroming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shadygrady
The bumpers on my 73 need to be rechromed. Anyone know a good shop in the SE preferably in Atlanta area?

Thanks,

Grady

RON S.

Years ago,

I sent several sets out to Augusta Bumper & Glass. They are in Augusta Ga.

They are still around. If you Google the name and you'll get a phone number.
I don't know if they are still doing outside work, but when I sent them bumpers, they did good work and a good turnaround.

Most of the body shops in my area used to use them.

Good Luck,
Ron
BIGKAT_83
Grady I had some done about 4 years ago in Atlanta. They did a great job and the cost was $300 each even painted the back side.
Best Metal Polishing, Liburn Ga
(770 921 7445)

I suspect like everything else their prices have gone up.

Bob
JFJ914
Grady,

This guy advertises in Hemmings, http://www.chromeplatingshop.com/ . This is his entire web site.

Custom Plating

I am located in Snellville, GA and have been in the business for 50 years.

Straightening and polishing of both aluminum and stainless steel are part of my special services. After the straightening and metal finishing, each part progresses through a six (6) step process which requires different compounds and special cotton buffs at each step. This elaborate process is what gives the aluminum and stainless steel trim pieces and grills a beautiful and brilliant sheen.

As my company name indicates, top quality Chrome Plating has been my trademark for 47 years. The restoration and plating of antique bumpers along with individual attention to each customer is what my business is founded on. Your own bumpers are restored and returned to you after a process of grinding, straightening (using a 300 ton press if necessary) and polishing. The final step is a top quality chrome plating application.

In addition to bumpers, I offer top quality plating for engine parts, interior and exterior steel car parts - essentially I am able to plate all parts on a antique car. I also offer plating for your pot metal parts. Other items I handle include boat parts and antique barber chair parts. I have plated many interesting items over the last 47 years. Two of the most unique items were the GA Tech Rambling Wreck and one of Hitler's staff cars which is now in Pennsylvania.

Please give me a call at 770-736-1118 if you would like to discuss any polishing and plating needs. I look forward to working with you.

Charles Jones, Owner
Custom Plating
3030 Alta Ridge Way
Snellville, GA 30078 770-736-1118
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.