Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: north east event anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Anyone want to get together for a northeast event?-Greater Boston area?? I'd be up for a breakfast/drive or something laid back like that???? Maybe early November ish??

-Adam
i love porsche
how about a lil more south =] id love to have a get together..but i wouldnt be able to bring my teener
Kerrys914
Aaron, I am in Kennett Square. PA.. I think I am taking my teener to work tomorrow driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif for one of it's last drives this year sad.gif

PM me if you get into my area or need a hand smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Cheers
r_towle
When

Sunday 24th 10:00 AM
Where

Dennys Restaraunt
438 Bedford Street
Lexington, MA 02420

Who is in?
rhcb914
Absolutely! A breakfast then morning drive would be fun. driving.gif I hate the fact that I am going to have to put the car away for the winter soon......so I'll use any excuse to get out and drive while there is still time. biggrin.gif
r_towle
great...thats two of us...dont want to take her off the road just yet...

How about the rest of you lazy new englanders

rich
scottb
i'm supposed to install steps and a railing on a buddy's deck that day but if i can get out of that, my son and i could always use a drive!!! driving.gif

i will let you know if i can make it....
william harris
driving.gif I'm in. Have to allow the Boxster to sub for the 914. The 914 is presently having the long delayed media blasting done as this is posted. From there it goes to paint and then be begin the interior and exterior rebuild. Sort of like OverHauling - only instead of 7 days, 17 months! biggrin.gif Maybe we should take this to the NE forum. Remember that guys? mueba.gif
william harris
By the way, what the hell has happened to the avatars? Mine has disappeared and can't seem to post a new one. I notice the same problem with a lot of guys avatars missing in action. idea.gif
ChrisFoley
I see your avatar just fine William.
i love porsche
us people in the nyc/nj/pa area need to have a meetup soon too i think, itd be fun, anyone up for it?
william harris
OK, now this is really weird. Chris Foley can see my avatar (what the hell is it by the way, Chris?) and I can't. Nor can I see an avatar for Richard Towle (Deadhead, right?). How can I fix this? wacko.gif
dakotaewing
Go to your My Controls panel, and make sure that your"View avatars" is checked...
-Thom
mskala
I should be able to do it. Weather is supposed to
be good. Want to drive anyway since I need to
run all the techron through before the final gas-up
and oil change of the year .

(find a smilie where he's getting snowed on:)
Good thing I just checked this! it'd be bad if I suggest something and then dont show! I'll be there sunday at 10, now I've got to get the lights back in so I can drive the 914 legally!

and I just thought of this, not that i'm lazy, but I'm lazy and if the Sox game gets over at like 12:30 or 1 am sunday morning.....should we move the time back to 11 or 12?

what's the weather going to be like??

-Adam
r_towle
we need more people, guys send out some emails...

Rich
djm914-6
I really want to join the group, but it's a bit early in the day. Sunday mornings have become a bit more important to me lately (as if you couldn't tell). If it were a later lunch then I'd be there.
Sparky
QUOTE(mskala @ Oct 22 2004, 07:35 AM)
(find a smilie where he's getting snowed on:)

It will would be something like :dandruff:

LOL

Mike D.
partsman
What kind of itnerary are we talkin' about here? Sunday is my oldest's birthday, but I might be able to eek out a little time in the am

Eric
Whats the final word guys? I'm game for tommorow morning, I could do 10, but would rather a bit later...Just finished putting all my trim back on so if its a nice day I'll be there with the 914
mskala
QUOTE(7391420 @ Oct 23 2004, 01:08 PM)
Whats the final word guys?

I don't think anyone's going to jump up and say
it's changed. Rich was the only guy to set a time
and place, and besides it's kinda late to go
thinking about a bunch of alternatives. Still
spread the word.
william harris
OK, so we everyone at 10:00 a.m. biggrin.gif
Hope you guys had a good time....pretty sad I miss an event that I tried to schedule...

If anyone else or all those who got together want to hang out again....I'll be up for something this coming weekend, maybe a similar dine and drive or something.. I could do next sunday, late morning... boston metro area, I'll think of a place over the next day or 2, or if anyone else has an idea...

-Adam
william harris
Adam: where the hell were you? Pretty good turnout, 4 914s and my Boxster. The cars that came were like a breath of fresh air. Those there should post pictures and give details. Anyway, plan something and maybe they will come. Hey, someone bring a small TV with a built in VCR and I will bring and play the tape of Chris Foley racing at Mid-Ohio and Lime Rock!!! driving.gif
Sandee
<< nyc/nj/pa area >>

I wouldn't mind going for a nice ride ... but I Mass is a bit far for me, sorry! sad.gif

NYC / NJ / PA folks send me an email, maybe we can arrange for something centrally located ...
djm914-6
What about a lunchion???
I'm at church 'till 12:30 or so and that's in Chelmsford.

If anyone is interested in a great coffee/ pastery shoppe I found? Plus there's some nice roads in the area.
william harris
Coffee and donuts? type.gif Someone bring the TV/VCR combo? Hey, what's up with the link stuff in my earlier post? I didn't put it there. Is this a hijack? Damn internet! type.gif
How about an early afternoon, maybe 1pm- how would the Bertuccis parking lot in Waltham be? it's the one right off 128, near Prospect Hill, in a small shopping/ restaraunt center. We could grab some lunch and go for a drive after that?

any other ideas-lets hear em! I think the weather is going to be really nice....low 70's even..

William,

I got double booked last weekend and was kicking my self the whole day, but I'll be there this time-with my car!!

-Adam
djm914-6
Put me down as a solid maybe. If I can get my car running without fear of fire, I'll be there.
Great,

-Fire-less is always better....although it'd be a site to see...
rhcb914
Hi Guys,

It was great meeting everyone Sunday. Here are a few pictures that Greg took.
rhcb914
Rich driving....
rhcb914
sadf
william harris
OK, now identify the cars and owners/drivers and give us the details about each car. White 70 1.7, dual Webers, etc. You get the idea. beerchug.gif Sorry I had to leave early but the kids at home demand Dad time. biggrin.gif
Great shots,

Now I really feel guilty....If we get together again this weekend, I'll bring my digital Camera!

so how about it.....sunday at 1???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.