Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spare Keys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rough_Rider
Was looking on evilbay saw this Porsceh crested key with light . http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7928544595&rd=1

My old key feels like its going to break off unsure.gif so a spare seems like a good idea. Is the ebay price a good one? Where else can we get porsche key blanks? Who can do the cutting, Is it a porsche only special cut or could the local key place sort us out?

Cheers
Trev.
mikerose
porsche key blanks I paid 10.00 for my last blank
JmuRiz
Just go to a local guy, if you don't care if it's a red/black key that says Porsche on it. None of mine are the factory keys. Actually when I took my into my local guy he looked at the key and said...."hmmmm looks like a porsche 914, like a 76 or something". I replied, stunned, "actually a 73, how did you know that?"
MattR
The local place I went had the Taylor keys. They were like 5 bucks. I also ordered a key from pelican. It was the black replica thing. Its steel though, so the key lady said I had to get Rusnak (or porsche dealer) to cut it for me.
aveale
Bought some off Ebay from Tristate lock and key.

i was hoping they were ignition keys...they were cut and did not work.

i was able to carve them down to door keys though.

lesson learned....go to Dealer or Locksmiths......... so you can see what you are getting.

T
double-a
got a new black key from ebay, 12 bucks. has porsche stamped on it and looks original. no problems getting it cut at the local keymaker - worked in all locks.

~a
gregrobbins
I went to the local key shop, two Taylor keys: $6.50 On the key says Porsche Audi

That night I did a "blind test." Drove the car around the block with the Original key and then with the Taylor key. I couldn't tell one bit of handling difference.

But I have never been too hung up on brand names.
BPGREER
I tried going to the local Porsche dealership, and they told me to go to the nearest locksmith. I ordered the blank from Pelican Parts and had a locksmith cut it. Works great. I think it cost about $15 total. Better than losing my only key.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.