Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT my old bus is for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrbubblehead
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1327640

this is my old bus. i restored it in 1996. i should have never sold that thing.... icon8.gif hissyfit.gif
76-914
very nice!
billh1963
Bet you didn't sell it for that! sad.gif
BajaXJ92
wub.gif
jcambo7
I would say now you can own it again but man...pricey. dry.gif
Elliot Cannon
Were you mrbubblehead befor or after you sold the bus? av-943.gif happy11.gif
Randal
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Jul 14 2012, 07:20 AM) *

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1327640

this is my old bus. i restored it in 1996. i should have never sold that thing.... icon8.gif hissyfit.gif

Every time I drive by Yreka there is a VW bus yard there filled with nice ones. Haven't stopped to check them out, but guessing there are several there that would make good restoration candidates.
Tom_T
Nice one!

Right now we're doing a rolling resto on our 88 Westy that we've had since new, and have kept it up well since then. It's my wife's DD, family camper & was both kids' "learner car' (it's an auto for my wife's ease of driving).

I'll eventually post pix of it before & after here in the Garage - since it, our son's 88 Honda Civic Hatchback & my 85 BMW 325e rolling restos/refurbs are what keeps me from making much progress on my 914! dry.gif
mrbubblehead
thanks fellas. i was the second owner of the bus. after the resto, we drove it to vw shows all around the country. even got a half dozen first places. but like anything else, it was time to pass it on. i needed the dough to fund another project. im glad to see that its not slammed to the ground with a crazy paint job and crushed velvet interior.
EdwardBlume
Cool bus... smilie_pokal.gif
mrholland2

Every time I drive by Yreka there is a VW bus yard there filled with nice ones. Haven't stopped to check them out, but guessing there are several there that would make good restoration candidates.
[/quote]

Hey, I live in the Yreka area. Do you ever have your 914 through here? I'd love to see it!!

The VW place is owned by a sorta semi-retired VW mechanic. Nice old guy. A few buses have vanished recently, so he may be selling stuff off.

BTW, his posted hourly shop rate is $50.00 an hour.

Let me know if you are coming through, even without your 914. Maybe you can give me some MUCH needed advice on mine!!

Sean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.